These baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are full of delicious buffalo flavor and so easy to make. They’re perfect for an appetizer, potluck dish, a quick weeknight dinner that everyone will love.
The Best Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
If you’re a big fan of buffalo sauce (like myself!) then you are going to absolutely love these delicious buffalo chicken meatballs. These meatballs have everything you love about a buffalo wing in an even easier to eat meatballs that are so easy to make.
Why You’ll Love These Meatballs:
- they’re packed with flavor, thanks to plenty of herbs and spices, and then coated in tangy buffalo sauce.
- they only take around twenty minutes to make and pair perfectly with your favorite dipping sauce and fresh veggies.
- and the recipe can easily be made gluten and dairy free which makes the meatballs a great option to serve to friends and family who may have dietary sensitivities!
Watch How to Make This Recipe
More Reader Favorite Appetizers
- Crispy Potato Skins
- Easy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- The Best Homemade Guacamole
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
Get all of our reader favorite meatball recipes, here!
Ground Chicken: ground chicken is lean, cooks quickly, and works perfectly in these meatballs. I prefer to use ground chicken thighs but feel free to use ground chicken breast if you prefer.
Egg: this helps to bind the meatballs together.
Almond Flour: to keep the meatballs nice and moist we’re using a little bit of finely ground almond flour.
Buffalo Sauce: for the ultimate buffalo flavor we’re using a bit of buffalo sauce in the meatball mixture as well as coating them in warm buffalo sauce at the end.
Herbs and Spices: you’ll need a combination of fresh garlic, dried herbs, and spices like paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Blue Cheese Dressing: the traditional combo of buffalo sauce and blue cheese is so good so be sure to grab some dressing for serving. If you aren’t a fan of blue cheese I’ve linked an alternative for you below!
Ingredient Substitutions and FAQs
- ground chicken – can’t find ground chicken? feel free to swap it for lean ground turkey instead.
- almond flour – if you have a nut allergy you can swap the almond flour for breadcrumbs. Use gluten free breadcrumbs if you need to keep the meatballs gluten free.
- buffalo sauce – be sure to use a gluten free and dairy free buffalo sauce if you need to keep the meatballs dairy and gluten free.
- blue cheese dressing – don’t love blue cheese dressing? make a batch of my dairy free ranch dressing instead!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- small pot
- MEASURING CUPS
- MEASURING SPOONS
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Step One: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Step Two: Add the ground chicken, whisked egg, almond flour, 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce, minced garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and use your hands to gently mix together until well combined. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop and roll the ground chicken into meatballs. You should be able to make 20 meatballs.
Step Three: Drizzle the olive oil over the parchment lined sheet pan and then place the meatballs on the sheet pan. Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit / 74 degrees Celsius.
Step Four: While the meatballs are cooking, heat 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce in a small saucepan until warm.
Step Five: Transfer the meatballs to a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over the meatballs. Gently toss the meatballs until they are completely coated in the sauce. Garnish with sliced green onion, crumbled blue cheese, and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.
Can I Make These Meatballs in the Air Fryer?
Yes! If you have an air fryer, you can whip these meatballs up even more quickly. Instead of baking them in the oven, you’ll just cook the meatballs in your air fryer.
To Make in the Air Fryer: place the meatballs in your air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. You can give them a shake halfway through if you would like to ensure that they cook evenly.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
You could serve these meatballs with just about anything but here are a few ideas in case you need some inspiration!
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
How to Store, Freeze, and Reheat
Storage: Store the meatballs in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Freezing: If you want to make a batch of meatballs in advance, I recommend baking the meatballs and then skip coating them in buffalo sauce. Let the meatballs cool completely and then transfer them to a freezer safe storage container and place them in the freezer.
Reheat: To reheat frozen meatballs, place them in an ovenproof pan or baking dish and cover with foil. Bake the meatballs at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until completely warmed through. Then, coat the meatballs in buffalo sauce.
More Buffalo Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crispy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
- Easy Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
I hope you give these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs a try! They’re so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20 meatballs 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup almond flour (blanched and finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon & 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- blue cheese, for serving
- blue cheese dressing, for serving
- sliced green onion, for serving
- celery, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the meatballs: Add the ground chicken, whisked egg, almond flour, 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce, minced garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and use your hands to gently mix together until well combined. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop and roll the ground chicken into meatballs. You should be able to make 20 meatballs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the parchment lined sheet pan and then place the meatballs on the sheet pan. Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit / 74 degrees Celsius.
- While the meatballs are cooking, heat 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce in a small saucepan until warm.
- Transfer the meatballs to a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over the meatballs. Gently toss the meatballs until they are completely coated in the sauce. Garnish with sliced green onion, crumbled blue cheese, and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.
buffalo chicken meatballs, buffalo chicken meatballs recipe, what to serve with buffalo chicken meatballs
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love Eat