Crispy air fryer buffalo cauliflower is the perfect appetizer or snack! These gluten free bites are easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for dipping. Don’t have an air fryer? Don’t worry. You can also whip these up in the oven!
The Best Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Ok, so I love buffalo anything! Buffalo chicken wings, buffalo chicken salad, buffalo dip…you name it! Buffalo sauce is one of my very favorite condiments and I love putting it on anything.
I’ve always been pretty skeptical about the whole cauliflower “wing” thing. I mean, there really is nothing like a real chicken wing, in my opinion. But, I’m always wanting to get creative with my veggies and I figured how bad could cauliflower drizzled with buffalo sauce really be. I mean I have definitely eaten worse things!
So, I decided to give the whole buffalo cauliflower thing a try and y’all, I am happy to announce that I am a huge fan. Buffalo cauliflower is absolutely delicious and another fun way to use those cauliflower florets.
These buffalo cauliflower bites are perfectly crispy, coated with buffalo sauce, and super easy to make thanks to the air fryer. Each bite is coated in the perfect mixture of buffalo sauce and breading, then cooked to perfection without much oil.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it is also gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30 compliant. Make it the next time you are craving a snack or as a fun appetizer for your next get together.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Ingredients
Cauliflower Florets: I like to keep things easy and use pre-cut cauliflower florets instead of cleaning and cutting my own. It just makes everything so much easier.
Eggs: These help to bind the almond flour coating to each piece of cauliflower.
Buffalo Sauce: Can’t have buffalo cauliflower without a good buffalo sauce!
Almond Flour: For the best results use blanched almond flour
Tapioca Starch: Tapioca starch is a gluten free flour made from the root of the cassava root. When paired together, almond flour and tapioca starch make the perfect crispy coating for the cauliflower.
Spices: These buffalo cauliflower bites are full of flavor thanks to the combination of spices and dried herbs like dill.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Step One: The first step is to make the wet coating that will help the dry breading stick to the cauliflower. To do this, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and buffalo sauce until well combined.
Step Two: Next, make the dry breading by adding the almond flour, tapioca starch, spices, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a shallow dish. Use a fork or small whisk to mix everything together until well combined.
Step Three: Once you have your wet coating and dry breading ready to go, it is time to dredge the cauliflower florets. First, dip one cauliflower floret at a time into the wet egg mixture. Make sure that the cauliflower is completely coated and that the egg mixture as made its way into all of the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower floret.
Step Four: Next, dip the cauliflower in the dry almond flour coating. Use your fingers to toss the cauliflower florets in the dry mixture until well coated.
Step Five: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Use a cooking brush to coat the air fryer rack with a teaspoon of oil. Add the the cauliflower florets to the basket of the air fryer and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes at 375 degrees until crispy.
Step Six: Once the cauliflower is browned and crispy, allow it to sit in the air fryer for a few minutes before transferring it to large mixing bowl. Drizzle buffalo sauce over the cauliflower and gently toss until it is well coated.
Step Seven: Serve the cauliflower with carrots, celery, and your favorite ranch dipping sauce.
Can You Make Buffalo Cauliflower in the Oven?
Yes! If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake the cauliflower in the oven. For the best results, place the breaded cauliflower on a greased wire baking rack that has been placed over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the cauliflower at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack until crispy. Flip the cauliflower halfway through so that it cooks evenly.
Is Buffalo Cauliflower Whole30 Compliant?
Yes! To ensure that your buffalo cauliflower is Whole30 compliant, you will need to use a Whole30 compliant almond milk and buffalo sauce. Check the labels on the almond milk and buffalo sauce, before buying, to ensure there are no added sugars or other non-compliant ingredients.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Buffalo Cauliflower
This Buffalo Cauliflower is super easy to make but for the very best results here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks:
- Be sure to get the egg mixture into all of the cauliflower nooks and crannies before coating it in the flour.
- Cook the cauliflower in two batches to ensure that the air fryer is not overcrowded and that each piece gets nice and crispy.
- Let the cauliflower bites cool for a bit before tossing them in the buffalo sauce. This will help prevent the breading from falling off of the cauliflower.
- If your buffalo sauce is cold, heat it for a few minutes on the stove top before pouring it over the cooked, crispy cauliflower. This will ensure that each piece of cauliflower remains nice and hot.
More Delicious Buffalo Recipes to Love
- roughly 16 oz cauliflower florets (around 1 and a half 12oz bags)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- dill, for garnish
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, spices, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a shallow dish. Use a fork or small whisk to mix everything together until well combined.
- Dip each cauliflower floret, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Make sure that the cauliflower is completely coated.
- Next, dip the cauliflower in the almond flour coating. Use your fingers to toss the cauliflower florets in the dry mixture until well coated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Use a cooking brush to coat the air fryer rack with a teaspoon of oil. Add the the cauliflower florets to the basket of the air fryer and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes at 375 degrees until crispy.
- Once the cauliflower is browned and crispy, transfer it to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes. Next transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the 1/4 a cup of remaining buffalo sauce over the cauliflower and gently toss until it is well coated.
- Serve the cauliflower with carrots, celery, and your favorite ranch dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer buffalo cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower, air fryer cauliflower