This easy and healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad makes a great lunch or protein-packed snack. Made with tangy buffalo sauce and plenty of fresh herbs, this chicken salad is full of that buffalo wing flavor you know and love.
Quick and Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo wings in the form of a chicken salad? I’ll take it! Buffalo sauce is personally one of my favorite condiments. I love the tang and the little bit of kick from the heat, it’s just so good.
This chicken salad is a little spicy, tangy, creamy, and crunchy, everything you want in a chicken salad. It uses a combo of mayo, fresh herbs, buffalo sauce, and seasonings to give you the flavor of a buffalo wing dipped in ranch dressing. Keep reading to get all of the details on how to make this delicious chicken salad!
More Reader Favorite Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad
How to Prepare Your Chicken
This recipe calls for a little over two cups of shredded or diced chicken breast. One of the most common questions I get is how to make the chicken for chicken salad. There are a couple of different ways you can prepare the chicken for this recipe and they are all great options. Here are a few great ways to make your chicken:
- Roast bone-in split chicken breasts – this is my favorite way to prep the chicken. I season two bone-in split chicken breasts with salt, pepper, avocado oil, garlic powder, and onion powder and then roast them at 400 degrees for around 40-45 minutes until completely cooked through. Once they have cooled, I remove the skin, pull the meat from the bones, and dice up the meat.
- Bake boneless skinless chicken breasts – if you have some boneless skinless chicken breasts on hand, this another great option. Drizzle the chicken with oil and season the breasts with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Once cooled, dice up the meat.
- Poach boneless skinless chicken breasts – if you prefer, you can poach your chicken breasts in boiling water until they are cooked through.
- Use leftover roasted chicken – another great (and easy!) option is just to use leftover chicken from a whole roasted chicken. You could even use a combination of white and dark meat if you like.
Buffalo Chicken Salad Ingredients
Celery: I really like to add extra texture to my chicken salads by incorporating fresh veggies and celery is a great option. It has a nice crunch and the perfect flavor that compliments the buffalo sauce.
Mayo: This adds a bit of creaminess and that classic mayonnaise flavor found in chicken salad, and helps to bind everything together.
Greek Yogurt: To add a bit of extra tang and protein to the chicken salad we’re using Greek Yogurt. It also helps to cut some of the richness from the mayo.
Buffalo Sauce: Of course you cannot have buffalo chicken salad without the buffalo sauce. This is my favorite brand of Whole30 compliant buffalo sauce.
Green Onion: Fresh green onion really helps to amp up the flavor in this recipe and makes everything taste so good.
Fresh Dill: This fresh herb is a must-have in buffalo chicken salad. It helps give the chicken salad the flavor of ranch or blue cheese dressing that we all love to dip our buffalo wings in. Don’t leave this out and feel free to sprinkle a little extra on top for good measure.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
Step One: Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Step Two: Stir until everything is well combined.
Step Three: Serve the chicken salad immediately or you can store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three to four days.
How to Serve
There are several different ways you can serve your buffalo chicken salad. You can serve it on its own with fresh celery and carrot sticks, or try making a lettuce wraps with bibb lettuce leaves. Another option is to make a collard green wrap with fresh collard green leaves. You can also use your favorite bread to make a traditional sandwich with lettuce and tomato.
More Delicious Chicken Salad Recipes to Love
I hope you give this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad a try! It’s a great quick option for lunch and easy to prep in advance! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
healthy buffalo chicken salad, whole30 buffalo chicken salad, buffalo chicken salad