This Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe is made with a handful of ingredients for a creamy consistency and bold, tangy flavor! Use it as a dip, dressing, or spread with all your favorite recipes.
The Best Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Blue cheese can be a divisive ingredient. You either love it, or you hate it (I love it, haha). However, if you are a blue cheese lover then I know you are going to love this dressing recipe.
It’s made with just a handful of simple ingredients, is so easy to make, and the perfect pairing for wings, fresh veggies, or hearty salads.
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
Greek Yogurt: I prefer to use whole milk yogurt for this recipe, but low-fat and non-fat will both work.
Mayonnaise: this combines with the yogurt to form the base of the dressing and gives it that classic creamy consistency.
Lemon Juice: this adds brightness and a bit of tang to the dressing. Freshly squeezed is the way to go here!
Blue Cheese: the star of the show!
Fresh Herbs and Garlic: fresh garlic, parsley, and chives add the perfect herby flavor.
Salt & Black Pepper: last but not least, you’ll need dd a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Citrus Juicer
- Mixing Bowl
How to Make Blue Cheese Dressing
Step One: Add the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, blue cheese, garlic, and herbs to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined, mashing some of the blue cheese crumbles in the process.
Step Two: If the dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon of liquid at a time, whisking in between until you reach your desired consistency.
Step Three: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then, transfer the dressing to an airtight container.
Tips and Tricks
- Use fresh garlic not jarred pre-minced garlic or garlic powder. Trust me, it’s worth the extra effort to mince a few fresh cloves.
- Adjust the herbs and spices to satisfy your tastebuds. As with all recipes, you can adjust the seasoning to your liking, adding more or less salt, pepper, parsley, and chives as needed to satisfy your tastebuds.
- You can always use less blue cheese in the dressing if you prefer.
Ways to Use Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
This dressing works wonderfully as a dip, spread, or dressing with a variety of recipes such as:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
How to Store
You can store this dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. I love using a mason jar with a lid for storage.
More Dressings and Sauces to Try
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Tahini Caesar Dressing
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Lemon Herb Tahini Dressing
I hope you give this Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing a try! It’s easy to make and the perfect dip or dressing. If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Category: Condiments
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2–4 tablespoons water, almond milk, or dairy milk to thin if needed
- Add the greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, blue cheese, garlic, and herbs to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined, mashing some of the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing as you whisk.
- If the dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon of liquid at a time and whisk again until you reach the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the dressing to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
homemade blue cheese dressing, blue cheese dressing recipe, blue cheese dressing, best blue cheese dressing, how to make blue cheese dressing
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Meg McKeehan