This easy homemade caesar dressing is full of classic Caesar flavor, has a vegetarian option, and is incredibly easy to make!
Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing
Ok, this is the caesar dressing we cannot stop eating and I am so excited to share it with you! Seriously, we’ve been making and eating Caesar salads at least twice a week for a while now and it’s all because of this dressing. It’s simple, easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
Unlike some other caesar dressings this recipe does not require you to whisk together an egg yolk or even use anchovy paste. Instead all you need is a small mixing bowl and a few simple ingredients to quickly throw together what I know will be your new favorite dressing.
Mayonnaise & Greek yogurt: the base of this creamy dressing half mayo and half Greek yogurt. The mayo gives the dressing that classic rich creaminess while the Greek yogurt lightens things up a bit. It’s the perfect combo.
Garlic: for this recipe, the fresher the garlic the better. It really does make a difference!
Lemon Juice: this adds a bit of tang to the dressing. Fresh lemon juice is the way to go here as well.
Dijon Mustard: to really get that classic caesar dressing taste you’ll need a bit of dijon mustard.
Worcestershire Sauce: traditionally Caesar dressing uses anchovy paste but to keep this recipe extra simple we are using Worcestershire sauce instead. If you need a vegetarian option I’ve included one below!
Parmesan Cheese: you can’t have caesar without plenty of parmesan cheese and this recipe has plenty. Be sure to use grated parmesan cheese and not shredded for the best results.
Salt and Black Pepper: last but not least you’ll need a bit of salt and plenty of black pepper.
Ingredient Swaps and Variations
- Mayo – don’t love mayo, feel free to replace it with plain whole milk Greek yogurt instead. If you do use all Greek yogurt I recommend adding one tablespoon of olive oil to the dressing as well.
- Greek yogurt – if you need to keep this recipe dairy free you can swap the Greek yogurt for mayo instead.
- Lemon juice – sometimes I swap the lemon juice for dill pickle juice instead if I want a dill pickle flavored caesar.
- Worcestershire sauce – can’t use Worcestershire sauce? swap it for coconut aminos instead to keep the dressing vegetarian.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Homemade Caesar Dressing
Step One: Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
Step Two: Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust the amount of salt and pepper if needed.
Step Three: If you want a thinner dressing, add 1/2 tablespoon of water to thin.
How to Store
You can store this dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. I love using a mason jar with a lid for storage.
More Dressing and Sauces to Try
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Spicy Lime Tahini Sauce
Healthy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
Lemon Herb Tahini Dressing
I hope you give this Homemade Caesar Dressing a try! It’s so good and makes for the perfect Caesar salad.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 small cloves garlic or 1 large clove, finely minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a bit of water to thin
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust the amount of salt and pepper if needed.
- If you want a thinner dressing, add 1/2 tablespoon of water to thin.
Keywords: homemade caesar dressing, homemade Caesar salad dressing, homemade caesar dressing no anchovies
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA