This Jalapeño Ranch Dressing is perfect for salads, veggies, or as a dip for buffalo wings! This dressing is creamy, cool, just a little spicy, and packed full of flavor. It’s also Whole30 compliant, Keto, and dairy-free. Just what you need to keep you wanting veggies all year round!
A Simple, Easy, and Dairy-Free Jalapeño Ranch Recipe
One of the most challenging aspects of eating a healthy and balanced diet can be finding condiments that are not full of sugar, unhealthy oils, preservatives, or other junky ingredients.
When I first started paying attention to the ingredients in the food I was buying, I realized that some of the salad dressings I grew up loving were full of ingredients that were not supportive of my overall health goals. Creamier dressings, like ranch, are often particularly notorious.
That being said, there is really nothing like a good ranch dressing to bring your salad to life or make your veggies even more delicious. Thankfully, this healthy jalapeño ranch dressing recipe has got you covered! It’s made from only real food ingredients for a delicious dressing and dip that you will love!
All the Ingredients You Need to Make This Creamy Dressing
Mayonnaise: To keep this recipe Whole30 compatible, you’ll need to use to a Whole30 compatible mayonnaise. Look for one made with high quality oil and no added sugar.
Avocado: This is the secret to giving the jalapeño ranch a thicker, creamier consistency.
Full Fat Coconut Milk: You can usually find full fat coconut milk in the Asian aisle of your local grocery store. It will come in a can and not in the refrigerated section.
Jalapeño Pepper: This of course gives the ranch that jalapeño flavor and a little spice.
Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice gives this ranch a delicious citrus flavor.
Fresh Herbs: This dressing uses a combination of fresh dill, parsley, and chives to achieve the best flavor.
Garlic: This is a must-have ingredient. If possible, be sure to use fresh garlic.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Jalapeño Ranch
Step One: Assemble your ingredients and then place everything in a high-powered blender or food processor.
Step Two: Blend or process everything on high until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
Step Three: Transfer the ranch to an air-tight container and store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Tips, Tricks, and Frequently Asked Questions
- I have not tried using almond milk instead of coconut milk in this recipe. If you cannot tolerate coconut, feel free to give it a try and report back.
- Don’t love mayo? Feel free to use plain, full-fat Greek yogurt instead if you can tolerate dairy.
- If you would like to make a vegan version of the dressing, use a vegan mayonnaise.
- If you want a spicier dressing, feel free to add the entire jalapeño to the dressing.
- If you want your ranch to be a bit on the thicker side, you can start by using a little less coconut milk.
- I have found that the dressing tastes even better a day after it sits when the flavors have a chance to meld.
Ways to Serve
Whole30 Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Healthy Chicken Taco Salad
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nuggets
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Burrito Bowls
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
Crispy Pork Carnitas
Easy Salmon Burrito Bowls
Buffalo Chicken Bites
Sheet Pan Chicken Burrito Bowls
More Delicious Recipes You Will Love
I hope you give this Jalapeño Ranch Dressing a try! It is perfect for salads, dipping, and more!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ avocado
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (or whole pepper if you like the extra spice)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: jalapeño ranch, healthy jalapeño ranch, jalapeño ranch dressing, ranch dressing, healthy ranch dressing