Buffalo Chicken Bites are the perfect appetizer or snack! The chicken bites are coated in a seasoned breading, pan-fried, and then tossed in buffalo sauce for an easy appetizer or fun dinner. Serve them on their own or with your favorite dipping sauces!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
- It uses less oil – these bites are pan-fried instead of deep fried, which means the recipe uses less oil.
- Easy to make – these chicken bites could not be easier to make. They come together in around 30 minutes without a ton of prep.
- Great for meal prep – you can easily reheat these chicken bites to add to salads, wraps, etc. for a quick and easy lunch.
More Reader Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- BBQ Chicken Meatballs
- Healthy Orange Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Bites Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: you’ll need 1.5 pounds of chicken for this recipe. Chicken breast is lean, quick cooking, and great for nuggets or bites, but you can substitute boneless skinless thighs if that’s what you prefer.
Flour: we’re using regular all-purpose flour for this recipe, but you could substitute cassava flour to keep the bites grain-free and gluten-free.
Seasonings: you’ll need salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Oil: avocado oil is used to pan-fry the chicken. I don’t recommend olive oil for this recipe. It has a lower smoke point and does not work well for frying.
Buffalo Sauce: I use my homemade buffalo sauce, but feel free to substitute your favorite store-bought variety.
How to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Bites
Step One: Add the all-purpose flour, salt, and spices to a small bowl. Use a fork to mix everything well.
Step Two: Working in small batches, add the chicken to the flour mixture. Then, use your hand to toss and coat each piece completely.
Step Three: Add the avocado oil to a pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the chicken pieces for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until they’re golden brown.
Step Four: Remove the cooked chicken from the pan, and transfer it to a wire baking rack to drain.
Step Five: Once all the chicken is fried, transfer the pieces to a serving dish. Next, drizzle the buffalo sauce on top. Toss the chicken pieces in the sauce, coating them evenly.
Tips and Tricks
- Cut the chicken evenly – For even cooking, cut the chicken into equal bite-sized chunks.
- Work in batches – Fry the chicken pieces in small batches, leaving room in between each piece. This ensures you don’t overcrowd the pan and allows your buffalo chicken bites to crisp up nicely!
- Keep the chicken warm – Once cooked, transfer the chicken pieces to a wire rack on a baking sheet. Then, place them in the oven at 200 degrees to keep them warm while you cook the remaining bites.
I love to serve this buffalo chicken bites recipe as an appetizer or snack alongside carrot and celery sticks and extra buffalo sauce or Ranch dressing for dipping. If you’re looking to serve these bites as a more complete meal then you can pair them with a few sides! Some of my favorite options include:
- Crispy Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Easy, Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
How to Store
- To Store: Transfer leftover buffalo chicken bites to an airtight container. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. Extra buffalo sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To Freeze: Place leftover chicken in a sealable bag or freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To Reheat: Thaw frozen chicken in the fridge overnight. Then, warm it in the oven or air fryer just until heated through.
More Delicious Buffalo Recipes
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
I hope you give these Buffalo Chicken Bites a try! They are so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup all-purpose or cassava flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- celery sticks and carrots, for serving
- Prepare the chicken. Use a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts into nugget sized pieces. Make the pieces roughly the same size so that the chicken cooks evenly.
- Make the coating by adding the all purpose flour, salt, and spices to a small bowl. Use a fork to mix everything well.
- In small batches add the chicken to the cassava flour mixture and use your hand to coat the chicken. You want the chicken to be completely coated in the flour and spice mixture.
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pan fry the chicken pieces for roughly 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Do this in small batches to ensure that you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire baking rack to drain. To keep the chicken warm, you can transfer the rack to a 200 degree oven while you finish the remaining batches.
- When all of the chicken is done, transfer it to a serving dish and drizzle with the buffalo sauce. Toss, the chicken in the sauce and serve immediately with your favorite ranch dressing and celery sticks! Enjoy!
buffalo chicken bites, gluten free buffalo chicken bites, buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken bites recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Meg McKeehan