Over 20 of the best healthy banana recipes to enjoy all year long! From creamy smoothies to hearty oats, and sweet cinnamon rolls, there’s a little something for everyone.
The Best Healthy Banana Recipes
If you’re anything like me, you pretty much always have bananas on hand. I’m always using them in smoothies or baked goods and always have a “banana bag” of ripe banana pieces in the freezer. Ripe bananas can be used in everything from breakfast recipes to more decadent desserts.
If you currently have a bunch of ripe bananas sitting on your counter and need some recipe inspiration, no worries – I have got you covered. This post covers how to use them in smoothies, baked treats, and breakfast recipes so those overripe bananas never get trashed and go to waste again! I’ve also included a few more decadent banana recipes as well. Plus, I’m sharing some overall banana storage and usage tips as well.
The Best Way to Store Bananas
The best way to store fresh bananas is at room temperature in a dry place away from direct sunlight. However, once they reach their peak ripeness, I recommend transferring them to the fridge to keep them fresh for longer if that’s your goal. Keeping them cold slows down the ripening process so you can extend their lifespan a little bit longer.
If you’re looking for your bananas to become extra ripe so that you can use them in baked goods, skip placing them in the fridge and leave them on the counter.
Can I Freeze Ripe Bananas?
Yes! I love to freeze ripe bananas to keep on hand for smoothies. You can also thaw ripe frozen bananas to use in baked goods.
Are Overripe Bananas Healthier?
Overripe bananas are higher in sugar than green or less ripe bananas, but they also contain more antioxidants. They’re also rich in fiber and potassium.
What Spices Complement Bananas?
There is a wide variety of flavor combinations and spices that complement the taste of bananas. My go-to choice when baking with bananas is always to include warmer spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
Healthy Banana Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups
- Coconut Banana Overnight Oats
- Banana Bread Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Cherry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Breads and Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Muffins
- One Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Nut Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Decadent Banana Recipes
- Banana Coffee Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
- Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Brown Butter Banana Bread
- Brown Butter Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
I hope you give a few of these recipes a try! They are all so delicious and there’s something for everyone on this list.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating on that recipe. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.