This delicious banana cherry smoothie is filled with dark sweet cherries, banana, creamy yogurt, and a splash of pineapple juice for good measure.
The Best Cherry Smoothie
THIS SMOOTHIE! It’s the one I have been making on repeat, morning after morning, for a quick breakfast and I’m still not tired of it. In fact, I’m using cherries so often now that I’ve officially added them to my Costco shopping list.
This smoothie is creamy, refreshing, and full of delicious fruit flavor. If you’re a smoothie for breakfast fan, like myself, then you will love it.
I usually add a scoop of my favorite protein powder, flax and hemp seeds, and a few tablespoons of whole grain old-fashioned oats to make this smoothie an even more filling meal. Seriously, it’s so good and I cannot stop making!
Dark Sweet Cherries: we’re using frozen dark sweet cherries so that you can make this smoothie year round, whether cherries are in season or not. They have the best fruity flavor that you will love!
Frozen Banana: this helps to give the smoothie the best smooth and creamy texture.
Greek Yogurt: I prefer to use whole milk yogurt in this smoothie but feel free to use 2% or non-fat if you like!
Almond Milk: any milk will really work well here but I prefer the neutral taste of plain, unsweetened almond milk. Oat milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk will also work well.
Pineapple Juice: this adds a delicious tropical flavor to the smoothie that works so well. If you don’t have pineapple juice you can use only almond milk instead!
How to Make a Cherry Smoothie
Step One: Add the almond milk and pineapple juice to the base of a high powered blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen cherries, frozen banana, and Greek yogurt.
Step Three: Blend until the smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. Top with sliced banana or your favorite toppings!
Ways to Customize Your Banana Cherry Smoothie
Feel free to get creative and add extra boosts of nutrition and flavor to your smoothie. Below are a few great additions:
- protein powder – this unflavored whey protein powder is my favorite and something I use every day.
- collagen powder – I love adding a scoop of collagen powder for an extra hit of protein to keep me feeling full.
- ground flax seeds – these flaxseeds are full of health benefits and you cannot even taste them!
- chia seeds – I recommend adding one teaspoon or so of chia seeds they don’t change the texture of the smoothie too much.
- hemp seeds – another seed that I love to add to my smoothies are hemp seeds for all fo the health benefits. I usually add 1/2 a tablespoon.
- oatmeal – I love adding 1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats to my smoothies for even more fiber and whole grains. You can’t even taste them!
Tips for the Perfect Smoothie
- Add the liquid first – add your liquid to the base of the blender first. This helps make it easier for the smoothie to blend.
- Start slow – start the blender speed on low and then gradually turn it up before bringing it to full speed.
- Use frozen fruit – for this recipe it’s important your banana is frozen to ensure you get that delicious creamy texture.
- Ditch the ice – if you typically add ice to your smoothies it may be tempting to add it to this one but trust me you do not need it. Just use a frozen banana instead to keep things cold.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
The Best Green Smoothie
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Creamy Mixed Berry Smoothie
The Best Mango Smoothie
I hope you give this Cherry Smoothie a try! It’s a quick and easy breakfast or snack that I know you will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 2 cups frozen, pitted dark cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: cherry banana smoothie, cherry smoothie, cherry smoothie recipe, how to make a cherry smoothie
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Leave a comment
Was craving something sweet but didn’t want to indulge in a dessert. Made this instead and absolutely loved it!
Such a vibrant color! Just what I need to brighten up my morning. Thank you
All the rest of your smoothie recipes have been delicious, and this one was no different! I made this as a post workout smoothie yesterday and it was delicious. Will definitely be making this again!