Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal made with old-fashioned oats, a touch of maple syrup for sweetness, plenty of fresh strawberries and coconut flakes. This delicious baked oatmeal is perfect as a filling breakfast or healthy afternoon snack.
What is Baked Oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is warm breakfast casserole that usually contains old fashioned oats, eggs, and milk. One of the great things about baked oatmeal, in comparison to a traditional bowl of oats, is that baked oatmeal can be prepped, baked, and then reheated. It is a great option for when you’re on the go, and need a quick healthy start to your day.
Watch How to Make This Recipe
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Ingredients
Eggs: these help to hold the baked oatmeal together.
Almond Milk: go for unsweetened or unsweetened vanilla for this recipe.
Bananas: sweet ripe bananas are one of the stars in this baked oatmeal. Be sure to use spotty ripe bananas for the best flavor.
Strawberries: plenty of juicy, ripe, sweet strawberries are baked into the oatmeal.
Maple Syrup: for the perfect touch of sweetness.
Cashew Butter: to keep the recipe dairy free, it uses cashew butter instead of traditional butter. The cashew butter helps to give the baked oatmeal a bit of richness.
Vanilla Extract: any good oatmeal always includes a touch of vanilla extract.
Old Fashioned Oats: if you have a gluten allergy look for certified gluten-free oats.
Ground Cinnamon: a pinch of ground cinnamon pairs well with the oats and the flavor of the fruit.
Coconut: this is another optional addition that I think just really works. The flavor of the coconut, banana, and chocolate chips all taste so good together.
- Almond Milk – coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk or whole milk will all work well in this recipe.
- Bananas – don’t love the flavor of bananas? you can sub them for unsweetened applesauce instead.
- Cashew Butter – you could sub the cashew butter for almond butter or regular dairy butter if you don’t need to keep this recipe dairy free.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step Two: To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, cashew butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk all of the wet ingredients together until well combined.
Step Three: Next, add the gluten free oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Step Four: Next, fold the chopped strawberries and coconut into the batter until well combined.
Step Five: Transfer the banana oatmeal batter to a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Step Six: Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until the oatmeal is just set.
- Add your favorite nuts and seeds: baked oatmeal is incredibly easy to customize. Add in a few handfuls of chopped pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. or sliced almonds for a little crunch.
- Use extra spices: if you want to increase the spices in this recipe go for it! Feel free to add in more cinnamon or a little nutmeg.
- Add chocolate: add a handful of your favorite dark chocolate chips to the batter before baking!
Can I Use Quick Oats or Steel Cut Oats in This Recipe?
I have not tested this recipe with steel cut oats. I think that it likely could work, however, you may have to add more liquid to ensure that the texture is not affected.
Can I Make Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries and Banana in Advance?
Option One: Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, cover, and let sit on the counter. Next, whisk together all of the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Cover the mixture and place in the fridge. The next day, when you are ready to make your baked oatmeal, just combine the wet and the dry ingredients, fold in any mix-ins and bake.
Option Two: The second option is my personal favorite which is to bake the oatmeal the night before and then reheat in the morning. You can reheat a slice of the oatmeal in the microwave for thirty seconds at a time until hot.
Ways to Serve
This baked oatmeal is perfectly good on its own but you can also add a drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness.
I love to top the baked oatmeal with fresh sliced bananas, more sliced strawberries, and a bit of extra coconut. You can also top a slice with a dollop of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt, fresh berries, sliced nuts, or nut butter.
How to Store and Reheat
- Store the baked oatmeal in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Reheat the baked oatmeal in the microwave for thirty seconds at a time until warm or in the oven at 350 degrees, wrapped in foil, until warmed through.
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! To freeze the oatmeal, let it come to a complete cool and then transfer to a freezer safe storage container. You can reheat the oatmeal in the oven at 350 degrees wrapped in foil until warmed through or in the microwave.
More Delicious Oatmeal Recipes
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Blackberry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
I hope you give this Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, cashew butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk all of the wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Next, add the gluten free oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Next, fold the chopped strawberries and coconut into the batter until well combined.
- Transfer the banana oatmeal batter to a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until the oatmeal is just set.
strawberry banana baked oatmeal, strawberry banana oatmeal, baked oatmeal with strawberries and banana