These delicious Ground Turkey Tacos are made with just a few simple ingredients for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
The Best Ground Turkey Tacos
If you love tacos then you are going to love these delicious ground turkey tacos and here’s why:
- They’re EASY – all you need is a large skillet and a few ingredients to make these easy ground turkey tacos. They come together quickly with minimal work for the perfect 30 minute meal.
- The tacos are incredibly delicious! – the perfect blend of spices, garlic, onion, and salsa give the ground turkey the best flavor.
- Great for meal prep – the ground turkey mixture reheats so well and you can make a batch to have on hand for quick lunches and dinners all week!
Reader Favorite Ground Turkey Recipes
- TURKEY BURRITO BOWLS
- 30 Minute Turkey Bolognese
- ground turkey stuffed peppers
- turkey sloppy joe’s
- ground turkey shepherd’s pie
- turkey enchilada skillet
- the best turkey meatloaf
Get all of our favor ground turkey recipes!
Ground Turkey Taco Recipe Ingredients
Ground Turkey: you can use either regular ground turkey or leaner ground turkey breast for this recipe. Both will work well!
Garlic and Onion: to add a delicious base of flavor you’ll need fresh garlic and yellow onion.
Spices: the spice combination is what really gives these tacos the best flavor. You’ll need a few different spices like chipotle powder, paprika, and cumin.
Salsa: use your favorite salsa to add a little extra moisture and flavor to the ground turkey.
Arrowroot Starch: this helps to thicken the ground turkey mixture a bit so it doesn’t spill out of the tacos.
Lime Juice: fresh lime juice helps to give the turkey meat the best flavor.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Ground Turkey – swap the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken if you prefer.
Veggies – feel free to add some veggies to the meat mixture if you like. Finely diced bell pepper would be great!
Seasoning – do you prefer your tacos with a little kick? add a bit more chipotle powder for an extra kick.
Arrowroot Starch – swap arrowroot starch for tapioca starch or cornstarch if you prefer.
How to Cook Ground Turkey for Tacos
Step One: Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil.
Step Two: Add the ground turkey to the skillet. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the meat has started to brown, add the garlic and diced onion. Continue to brown the meat until it is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
Step Three: Next, lower the heat to medium and add the ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano, chipotle powder, salt, and arrowroot starch to the ground turkey. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
Step Four: Add in the salsa and lime juice and stir until well combined. Let the ground turkey simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has thickened and then remove from the heat.
Step Five: Next, assemble the tacos and enjoy!
The Best Topping and Serving Ideas
- tortillas – start with your favorite tortillas! corn, flour, or grain free – whatever you prefer!
- avocado – fresh avocado slice or homemade guacamole is great, too!
- pineapple salsa or Mango Salsa – if you’re looking for a light and slightly sweet topping then this pineapple salsa is perfect!
- cilantro – a must have on any good taco.
- diced tomato – you can go with regular diced tomatoes or make a batch of homemade pico de Gallo.
- diced onion – fresh red onion or white onion would both be delicious on these tacos.
- pickled onions – I love adding these to tacos for a fresh, sweet, and tangy bite. If you need to make a homemade batch you can use THIS RECIPE.
- jalapeños – thinly sliced fresher or pickled are both great options!
- sharp cheddar – for the perfect cheesy finish.
- Greek yogurt or sour cream – whole milk Greek yogurt or sour cream are both delicious.
If you want to switch things up a bit from regular tacos, there are a few different ways you can serve your ground turkey taco meat!
Burrito Bowls: start with a base of cilantro lime rice and then add the ground turkey and all of your favorite toppings.
Taco Salads: want something even lighter? try making a taco salad!
Lettuce Wraps: swap tortillas for butter or romaine lettuce leaves.
How to Store and Reheat
Store: store the ground turkey in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Reheat: you can quickly reheat the ground turkey in the microwave for thirty seconds to a minute until heated through.
More Delicious Recipes
- Cod Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACOS
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- SHRIMP TACOS WITH CHIPOTLE CABBAGE SLAW
- ROASTED CHIPOTLE CAULIFLOWER TACOS
- SALMON BURRITO BOWLS
- BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS
- SHEET PAN CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
I hope you give these Ground Turkey Tacos a try! They are so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Ground Turkey Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound 93/7 ground turkey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup salsa
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- white corn or flour tortillas
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped romaine lettuce
- shredded white cheddar
- red onion
- thinly sliced jalapeño
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges, for serving
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the meat has started to brown, add the garlic and diced onion. Continue to brown the meat until it is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
- Next, lower the heat to medium and add the ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano, chipotle powder, salt, and arrowroot starch to the ground turkey. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the salsa and lime juice and stir until well combined. Let the ground turkey simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has thickened and then remove from the heat.
- Next, assemble the tacos and enjoy!
ground turkey tacos, ground turkey taco recipe, how to cook ground turkey for tacos, ground turkey taco seasoning
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA