Delicious and easy Ground Beef Tacos! These easy tacos are sure to be your new favorite weeknight dinner!
Why You’ll Love These Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- They’re EASY – all you need is a large skillet and a few ingredients to make these easy ground beef tacos. They come together quickly with minimal work!
- The tacos are incredibly delicious! – the perfect blend of spices, garlic, and onion give these tacos the best flavor.
- Great for meal prep – this recipe reheats so well and you can make a batch of ground beef to have on hand during the week.
Taco Recipe Ingredients
Ground Beef: I like to use lean (93/7) ground beef for this recipe.
Garlic & Onion: fresh garlic and onion help to give these ground tacos the most delicious flavor.
Apple Cider Vinegar: a little of this goes a long way to add the perfect flavor to the tacos.
Spices: this recipe uses a combination of spices like cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes to season the tacos.
Arrowroot Starch: a little arrowroot starch helps to thicken the ground beef mixture just slightly to give things the perfect texture.
Broth: you’ll just need a splash of broth for this recipe. I prefer to use low-sodium to ensure that I can better control the salt level.
Protein – swap the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken if you prefer.
Veggies – you can easily add a little diced bell pepper to the meat mixture if you like.
Seasoning – do you prefer your tacos on the spicier side? feel free to add a bit of extra spice to kick the heat up a bit.
Arrowroot Starch – if you don’t have any arrowroot starch you can swap it for tapioca starch or a little cornstarch instead.
Broth – you can use low-sodium chicken or beef broth for this recipe. If you don’t have either then you can swap the broth for water.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Cook Ground Beef for Tacos
Step One: Heat a skillet to medium-high heat.
Step Two: Add the ground beef to the skillet. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the meat has started to brown, add the garlic and diced onion. Continue to brown the meat until it is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
Step Three: Next, lower the heat to medium and add the apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and arrowroot starch to ground meat. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
Step Four: Add in the chicken broth and stir until well combined. Let the ground beef simmer a bit in the broth until thickened and then remove from the heat.
Step Five: Next, assemble the tacos and enjoy!
My Favorite Topping Ideas
- tortillas – you can go with grain free, flour, or corn tortillas to serve your tacos.
- avocado – fresh slices of avocado are always delicious or make a batch of homemade guacamole.
- cilantro – fresh chopped cilantro is always the perfect finish to a delicious taco.
- diced tomato – make a batch of homemade pico de Gallo or just serve some simple diced tomato on top.
- diced onion – fresh red onion or white onion would both be delicious on these tacos.
- pickled onions – I love adding these to tacos for a fresh, sweet, and tangy bite. If you need to make a homemade batch you can use this recipe.
- Cotija – I love the salty bite that crumbled cotija cheese adds to these tacos you could also serve them with shredded cheddar or queso fresco.
- Greek yogurt or sour cream – a dollop of full fat Greek yogurt or sour cream is always a great option on tacos.
Not feeling like tacos? You can easily serve the ground beef taco meat in another way! Here are a few of my favorite options:
Burrito Bowls: make a bed of cilantro lime rice and then pile on the ground beef and all of your favorite toppings.
Taco Salads: feeling a salad? serve the ground beef on top of chopped romaine or your favorite blend of mixed greens.
Lettuce Wraps: instead of tortillas you can use a bit of butter or romaine lettuce to serve the ground beef as lettuce wrap tacos.
How to Store and Reheat
Store: store the ground beef taco meat in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Reheat: you can quickly reheat the ground beef in the microwave for thirty seconds to a minute until heated through.
More Delicious Recipes to Love
I hope you give these Easy Ground Beef Tacos a try! They are so easy to make and delicious!
If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, dark meat
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded lettuce
- sharp white cheddar cheese
- pickled onions
- diced tomatoes
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the meat has started to brown, add the garlic and diced onion. Continue to brown the meat until it is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
- Next, lower the heat to medium and add the apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and arrowroot starch to ground meat. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the chicken broth and stir until well combined. Let the ground beef simmer a bit in the broth until thickened and then remove from the heat.
- Next, assemble the tacos and enjoy!
Keywords: ground beef tacos, ground beef taco recipe, ground beef tacos recipe, how to cook ground beef for tacos, how to season ground beef for tacos
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA