A healthy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad filled with fresh veggies, creamy feta, salty olives, and plenty of fresh herbs. Heart healthy quinoa provides the base for this delicious (and easy!) salad that everyone will love≥
Healthy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This healthy Mediterranean salad is my new favorite side dish! Not only is it so easy to make, it also uses heart healthy quinoa which is full of fiber, B vitamins, and minerals that are so good for you.
If you have never tried quinoa before, this salad is such a great place to start. Chilled quinoa is combined with fresh vegetables and other delicious ingredients like creamy feta cheese. Try serving it with grilled chicken, steak, or fish for a complete meal that is perfect for to enjoy during the warmer spring and summer months.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, vegetarian, and can easily be made dairy-free as well if you choose to leave out the feta cheese.
Here are a Few More Mediterranean Recipes to Try and Love
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Ingredients
Cooked Quinoa: If you have never cooked with quinoa before, this is a great first recipe to try. Quinoa (pronounced KWEEN-wah) acts like a whole grain but it is actually a seed. It has a somewhat earthy nutty flavor and can be prepared similarly to rice. It is full of fiber, B vitamins, and minerals, and works as a great base for this salad.
Kalamata Olives: The flavor of Kalamata olives works perfectly in this salad, but feel free to use your favorite type of olive if you have one. Pitted olives make this salad easy to eat and enjoy.
Marinated Artichoke Hearts: These add so much flavor to the salad. I like to look for artichokes that have been marinated in water, oil, and a variety of seasonings.
Red Onion: Adds just the right amount of onion of flavor. Slice them thinly to you don’t end up with a huge bite of red onion.
Tomatoes: Cherry or grape tomatoes work really well in this salad. Halve the tomatoes before adding them to the salad.
Feta Cheese: There is nothing like delicious creamy feta. You can crumble or dice the feta cheese, your choice.
Fresh Parsley: Adds a nice freshness and brightness to the salad.
How to Make a Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Step One: Add the quinoa, kalamata olives, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl.
Step Two: Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
Step Three: Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and then stir the salad together until everything is well combined.
Step Four: Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, garnish with a little more fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This is such a simple and easy recipe but here are a few tips to get the best Mediterranean Quinoa Salad every time:
- Cook your quinoa in advance so it is fully chilled before making the salad. If you don’t have time to prep the quinoa in advance, you can cook the quinoa and then chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool it down a bit.
- When making the dressing for this salad, finely mince the garlic before adding it to your blender or food processor. This will ensure that there are huge chunks of garlic in your salad dressing.
- This salad is customizable! Feel free to add in extra veggies like cucumber, bell pepper, or whatever your heart desires.
- Need to make this salad dairy free? Leave out the feta cheese. You could even sub avocado if you prefer.
- This salad tastes even better as it sits! Feel free to make it in the morning and serve it later that night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use quinoa?
Nope! If you do not have quinoa or just do not care for it, feel free to leave it out.
Can I use substitute quinoa for another grain?
Yes! If you do not have quinoa or just do not care for it, feel free to use your favorite gluten-free grain like wild rice, brown rice, or white rice.
Do I have to use a dressing for this salad?
The dressing for this salad adds a ton of great flavor but you can leave it out if you prefer.
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Love
HEALTHY BROCCOLI SALAD
CHICKEN, BACON, AVOCADO CHOPPED SALAD
THAI CRUNCH SALAD WITH CREAMY PEANUT DRESSING
BACON RANCH POTATO SALAD
SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD
CHOPPED THAI CHICKEN SALAD
FALL HARVEST SALAD WITH MAPLE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the cooled quinoa, kalamata olives, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and then stir the salad together until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, garnish with extra fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Mediterranean quinoa salad, quinoa salad, Greek Quinoa Salad