The best Avocado Corn Salad filled with fresh corn, tomato, and avocado. This salad is perfect as a hearty side dish or yummy dip and is so easy to make!
The Best Avocado Corn Salad
Who doesn’t love fresh corn? During the summer months, especially, there is an abundance of delicious fresh sweet corn available and if you need a new recipe to try with all of that corn – this is it!
This delicious avocado corn salad is packed with flavor, easy to make, and perfect as a side salad or even dip with your favorite chips. The delicious lime vinaigrette pulls everything together perfectly. You’ll love this one!
Fresh Corn: the base of this salad is plenty of fresh sweet corn. There’s no need to cook the corn for this recipe, fresh is just fine. Don’t have fresh? you can use frozen corn that had been thawed if needed. Just be sure to drain it before using.
Avocado: the next most delicious ingredient! adds a delicious creamy bite as well as extra healthy fats.
Cilantro: fresh cilantro gives this salad a delicious bright flavor.
Red Onion: a little red onion gives this salad the perfect flavor! you can rinse the red onion with a bit of cold water before adding it to the salad to get rid of that classic red onion “bite”.
Jalapeño: this adds just a little kick to the salad! feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
Olive Oil: to bring everything in the salad together we’re making a delicious lime-y vinaigrette. The base of the dressing is olive oil!
Garlic: if you can use fresh garlic I highly recommend it!
Lime Juice and Zest: to give the salad the most delicious and bright flavor we’re using plenty of fresh lime juice AND zest.
Cumin: a little goes a long way to really round out the flavor of this salad.
- Make a double batch – if you’re making this salad with hopes to serve a larger crowd you can make a double batch.
- Add a little cotija – don’t need to keep this recipe dairy free? feel free to finish the salad with a sprinkle of salty and delicious cotija or feta cheese.
- Leave out the jalapeño – sensitive to spice? leave out the diced jalapeño completely. The salad will still be delicious.
- Use grilled corn – if you like the flavor of grilled corn you can throw some fresh corn on the grill and then remove the kernels to use for this salad.
- Swap the olive oil – don’t have olive oil to make the dressing? swap it for avocado oil!
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
Assemble the salad: add the fresh corn, red onion, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, and garlic to a mixing bowl.
Make the dressing: whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt until well combined.
Mix it up: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
Ways to Serve
How Long Does Corn Tomato Avocado Salad Last?
This salad will last up to 2-3 days in the fridge. The lime juice in the dressing should keep the avocado from turning brown in the salad.
If you need to keep this salad fresh for or a bit longer than 2-3 days, I would recommend leaving out the avocado altogether and just adding it right before serving and eating the salad instead.
More Delicious Recipes
Mexican Street Corn Salad
The Best Homemade Guacamole
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
I hope you give this Avocado Corn Salad a try! They are so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.
- 4 cups fresh sweet corn (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 large hass avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Assemble the salad: add the fresh corn, red onion, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, and garlic to a mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing: whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
Keywords: avocado corn salad, corn tomato avocado salad, corn avocado salad, how to make avocado corn salad
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA
Leave a comment
OMG – couldnt stop eating this!! So refreshing and easy to whip up!
I could literally eat this whole recipe by myself! So tasty!!