This simple Cucumber and Tomato Salad is full of fresh flavor and so easy to make. All you need are a few staple ingredients to make this quick and flavorful salad!
Healthy and Fresh Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This delicious Cucumber and Tomato Salad is a quick and easy salad that I make all of the time as a flavorful side dish to pair alongside protein.
This salad is light, fresh, and full of so much flavor thanks to the salty blocks of feta cheese and an easy red wine vinaigrette to pull everything together. The combination of fresh veggies and herbs is perfect and I know you’ll love this easy recipe!
More Fresh Salad Recipes
- Couscous Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Greek Salad
- Chopped Thai-Inspired Chicken Salad
- Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Avocado Corn Salad
Get more of our favorite salad recipes, here!
Cucumber and Tomato Salad Ingredients
English Cucumber: I prefer to use English (also called hothouse) cucumber for this recipe. They have a thinner, less bitter, skin that makes them a great option for using in salads.
Cherry Tomatoes: you’ll need one pint of cherry tomatoes for this recipe. You can use tomatoes of any color.
Red Onion: a bit of red onion gives this salad some delicious flavor.
Feta Cheese: creamy and salty feta cheese is so delicious in this salad. I prefer to keep it cubed instead of crumbled for this recipe.
Parsley: last but not least you’ll need a bit of fresh parsley for the final touch of bright herby flavor.
- Add extra veggies – this cucumber tomato salad recipe is so easy to customize! you can add extra fresh veggies like slice bell pepper if you like.
- Make a double batch – make a double batch of this salad for a crowd or to keep in the fridge for a quick snack or side dish when you need it.
- Make it vegan – swap the feta cheese out for your favorite vegan feta to keep this recipe dairy free and vegan.
- Add some extra lemon flavor – grate in some fresh lemon zest for extra delicious lemon flavor.
Helpful Kitchen Tools to Make This Recipe
Super Simple and Fresh Dressing
A simple fresh and delicious dressing pulls this salad together. You’ll likely have all of the ingredients you need in the pantry or fridge. Here’s what you need:
- olive oil – you could swap avocado oil if you prefer
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
How to Make This Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Step One: To a mixing bowl add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, and parsley.
Step Two: Add the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
Step Three: Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Use a spoon to gently mix until everything is well coated in the dressing.
Step Four: Give the salad a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy!
This quick and easy salad is great all on its own but we love to serve it as a side dish. Here are a few of my favorite recipes to pair this tomato and cucumber salad with:
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
- Greek Chicken Bowls
- Greek Turkey Burgers
- Greek Salmon Salad
- Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- One Pan Greek Chicken with Artichokes and Olives
How to Store
Store the salad in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
I hope you give this Cucumber and Tomato Salad a try! It’s hearty, refreshing, and delicious!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Greek inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- To a mixing bowl add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, and parsley.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Use a spoon to gently mix until everything is well coated in the dressing.
- Give the salad a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy!
cucumber and tomato salad, tomato and cucumber salad, cucumber tomato and onion salad
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Alpine Ella