This fresh and tasty Black Bean and Corn Salad is perfect as a hearty side dish or yummy dip and is so easy to make!
Why You’ll Love This Delicious Black Bean and Corn Salad
- It’s packed with flavor – the combination of fresh veggies, herbs, and lime juice give this black bean and corn salad the most delicious fresh flavor that everyone will love!
- It’s so easy to make – if you need a quick recipe this it! just add your ingredients to a large mixing bowl, make a quick dressing, and then toss everything together.
- It’s perfect as a side salad or dip – this is one of those salads that is multipurpose! serve it as a side salad or as a snack or appetizer with chips!
Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe Ingredients
Black Beans: the base of this hearty salad is black beans! You’ll need two cans of black beans for this recipe. Be sure to drain and rinse the black beans before using.
Fresh Corn: who doesn’t love fresh corn? there’s no need to cook the corn for this recipe, fresh is just fine. You can also use frozen corn that’s been thawed as well.
Red Onion: for the perfect flavor! I like to rinse my red onion with a bit of cold water before adding to the salad to remove any harsh bite.
Bell Pepper: we’re using flavorful red bell pepper for this recipe.
Avocado: creamy ripe avocado tastes so good in this salad.
Jalapeño: for just a little kick! this is completely optional if you are not a fan of spice.
Olive Oil: the base of the flavorful cilantro lime vinaigrette!
Cilantro: you can’t have a salad like this without fresh cilantro and there’s plenty in the tasty dressing that coats all of the veggies in this salad.
Garlic: you’ll need two cloves of fresh garlic for the salad dressing that have been finely minced or pressed.
Lime Juice and Zest: there’s plenty of fresh lime juice and zest in this salad to add that bright citrus flavor.
Maple Syrup: this helps to balance out the flavors of the salad and helps to bring out the sweetness of the corn!
Cumin: a little of this spice adds the perfect flavor.
- Make a double batch – if you’re serving a larger crowd you can make a double batch of this salad!
- Add a little cotija – feel free to finish the salad with a sprinkle of salty and delicious cotija cheese if you like!
- Swap the maple syrup – don’t have any maple syrup? swap it for honey instead!
- Leave out the Jalapeño – sensitive to spice? leave out the diced jalapeño altogether!
- Use grilled corn – if you like, you can quickly grill the corn before adding it to the salad! It’s not necessary but it will give the salad a bit of extra smoky grilled flavor.
- Swap the olive oil – feel free to swap the olive oil for avocado oil if necessary.
How to Make
Assemble the Salad: Add the black beans, fresh corn, diced red onion, red bell pepper, avocado, and jalapeño to a large mixing bowl.
Make the dressing: Add the cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup, lime zest, salt, and cumin to a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Mix it Up: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Ways to Serve
How Long Does Black Bean and Corn Salad Last?
This salad will last up to 3 days in the fridge. The lime juice should keep the avocado from turning brown in the salad. If you need to keep it for a bit longer, I would recommend leaving out the avocado and adding it right before serving and eating the salad instead.
More Delicious Recipes
Delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad
The Best Homemade Guacamole
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Greek yogurt Ranch Dip
I hope you give this Black Bean and Corn Salad a try! They are so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.
- 2 – 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large hass avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Assemble the Salad: Add the black beans, fresh corn, diced red onion, red bell pepper, avocado, and jalapeño to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing: Add the cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup, lime zest, salt, and cumin to a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: black bean and corn salad, corn and black bean salad, black bean and corn salad recipe, how to make black bean and corn salad, how long does black bean and corn salad last
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA