These Crispy Chickpeas are delicious, crunchy, and the perfect snack or salad topper. You’ll love having these on hand and they couldn’t be easier to make!
Perfectly Crispy Chickpeas
If you’ve never had crispy chickpeas before then I have to tell you – you’ve been missing out! These crispy little garbanzo beans are the perfect salad topper, snack, or creative way to add some crunch to a dish. Not only are they delicious, these crispy chickpeas are also easy to make and packed with plant-based protein.
More Recipes Using Chickpeas
- greek chickpea salad
- pesto orzo pasta salad
- salmon caesar salad
- kale caesar salad
- greek broccoli pasta salad
Canned Chickpeas: these are often labeled as garbanzo beans and you can find them in the bean or canned vegetable aisle.
Olive Oil: you’ll need a little over one tablespoon of olive oil for this recipe. If you prefer you could swap the olive oil for avocado oil.
Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder are all you need for this recipe. I’ve included some different flavor combinations below if you want to get creative!
More Flavor and Seasoning Options
Feel free to customize these crispy chickpeas and make them your own with a variety of seasoning combinations. Here are a few of my personal favorite combinations:
- simple salt and pepper – keep things simple and just use a generous amount of salt and fresh cracked black pepper on your chickpeas.
- ranch – toss the chickpeas in this homemade ranch seasoning for the perfect tangy ranch flavored chickpeas.
- Greek – add in some dried oregano and dried dill for Greek inspired crispy chickpeas.
How to Make Crispy Chickpeas in the Oven
Step One: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet parchment paper.
Step Two: Spread the chickpeas onto the baking sheet and drizzle on the olive oil. Toss the chickpeas until coated in oil.
Step Three: Roast the chickpeas at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy and deep golden brown.
Step Four: Remove the chickpeas from the oven and immediately season them with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss until well coated.
How to Use
- As a salad topper – I love adding these crispy chickpeas to my favorite salads for a little more crunch and added protein.
- As a snack – chickpeas are packed with plant-based protein and fiber which makes them a delicious and quick snack.
- With sautéed greens – try adding a few to your sautéed kale or spinach.
- As a dip topper – you can add a few crispy chickpeas to the top of your hummus or tzatziki before serving for the perfect crunchy topper.
How to Store
Store the chickpeas in an air-tight storage container or bag in a cool dry place.
More Delicious Snack Recipes
- Homemade Chex Mix
- The Best Homemade Guacamole
- No Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Homemade Puppy Chow
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
I hope you give this Crispy Chickpea recipe a try! They are so easy to make and the perfect snack or salad topper.
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 – 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried with kitchen towel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet parchment paper.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the baking sheet and drizzle on the olive oil. Toss the chickpeas until coated in oil.
- Roast the chickpeas at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy and deep golden brown.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and immediately season them with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss until well coated.
crispy chickpeas, crispy chickpeas recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love Eat