This gluten free Greek Pasta Salad is full of crisp fresh veggies, gluten free pasta, fresh herbs, creamy feta cheese and the most delicious Greek vinaigrette. It is the perfect light lunch or filling weeknight dinner side dish.
A Healthy Side Dish or Main Course: Gluten Free Greek Pasta Salad
A big bowl of fresh pasta salad screams spring and summer to me, anyone else? First of all pasta is delicious in it’s own right but when you add crisp veggies, a flavorful vinaigrette, and creamy cheese you take things to a whole new level.
This healthy gluten free pasta salad has everything you want in a fresh spring or summer side dish. It is packed with crunchy veggies, salty feta cheese, tangy olives, and a delicious and easy vinaigrette that pulls everything together just perfectly.
This easy Greek Pasta Salad recipe is made from simple real food ingredients that you may already have. It is gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free if you prefer!
Fresh Ingredients for the Best Greek Pasta Salad
Gluten Free Pasta: Pick a pasta that has lots of nooks and crannies so the Greek vinaigrette is able to really stick to your pasta. I love using this gluten free bowtie pasta (also called Farfalle) for this recipe.
Cucumber: English cucumbers (also called “hot house” or “seedless”) work best for this recipe. This variety of cucumber has more tender skin, smaller seeds, and does not have a bitter taste which can be common in regular cucumber. If you cannot find an English cucumber, I recommend peeling and deseeding your cucumber before adding it to the salad.
Green Bell Pepper: Adds so much flavor and crunch.
Olives: Olives give the pasta salad that delicious salty tang. To keep things easy, use pitted olives and just slice them in half.
Tomatoes: Grape or cherry tomatoes work the best for this recipe.
Red Onion: If you don’t have red onion on hand, you can substitute green onion instead. The flavor will be slightly different but still delicious. I wouldn’t recommend using white or yellow onion in this recipe as the flavor of those onions will overpower the rest of the salad.
Feta Cheese: If you need to keep this recipe dairy free, feel free to leave out the feta cheese or substitute with your favorite non-dairy alternative.
Fresh Dill: Just a sprinkle on top to finish off the salad and add even more flavor.
How to Make the Greek Pasta Salad Dressing
A simple Greek vinaigrette pulls all of the ingredients together into a delicious and flavorful salad. The dressing could not be easier to make and you likely already have all of the ingredients you need in your pantry.
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- dried oregano
To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender and pulse or blend until the dressing is well combined. Once the dressing is blended, give it a taste and adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your tastebuds before pouring the dressing over the pasta and veggies.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Pasta Salad
- Don’t over cook your pasta. Cook the pasta al dente so that it still has a bit of bite.
- Drain and rinse the pasta under cool water to remove any excess starch before adding it to your mixing bowl
- Salt your water while cooking the pasta to ensure that it has plenty of flavor.
- Dice the red onion well. That way you don’t end up with huge pieces of onion in your salad.
- Don’t skip mincing the garlic when making the dressing. When you mince the garlic before adding it to your food processor or blender, it blends more evenly into the dressing.
- Feel free to get creative and add other veggies you love. Artichoke hearts would also be great in this salad!
How to Serve the Pasta Salad
This recipe is great on it’s own or you can pair it with your favorite protein, like chicken, fish, or beef, to make it more of a complete meal. It is also a great side dish option to take to your next potluck or barbecue. If you need to make a bigger batch, just double the recipe!
More Greek Inspired Recipes to Love
Easy Greek Chicken Burgers
Flavorful Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
One Skillet Greek Chicken with Lemon and Artichokes
Vegetarian Greek Chickpea Salad
Greek Grilled Chicken Wings with Feta Dip
- 2 cups dry gluten free pasta
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
For the Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the dry gluten free pasta according to the package instructions. Once al dente, drain and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Add the pasta, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, and dill to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: Greek Pasta Salad, pasta salad, Greek salad