These delicious Greek Chicken Bowls are packed with fresh veggies, tender chicken, and hearty whole grain quinoa. They’re perfect for a protein and veggie packed lunch or dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Greek Chicken Bowl with Quinoa
- Packed with protein and veggies! These bowls are full of lean protein (from chicken breast), hearty whole grains, and plenty of fresh veggies which makes them the perfect lunch or dinner.
- Easy to meal prep! This is one of those recipes that is perfect to meal prep in advance. You can prepare all of the components and then assemble your bowls for a quick lunch when ready.
- Great to customize! As always, with recipes like this you can add extra veggies, swap out the protein, and really make them your own.
Reader Favorite Bowl Recipes
- Salmon Burrito Bowls
- Healthy Burger Bowls with Special Sauce
- Shrimp Burrito Bowls
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Turkey Burrito Bowls
Greek Chicken Bowl Ingredients
Chicken Breast: the main protein source in these bowls is boneless, skinless chicken breast that is perfectly cooked and seasoned. I like to split the chicken breast in half or use chicken cutlets to save even more time and help the chicken cook a bit faster and more evenly.
Dried Herbs & Spices: speaking of seasoning, this recipe uses a combination of dried herbs and spices to season the chicken. You’ll need dried oregano, dried dill
Quinoa: the base of each bowl is hearty, whole grain quinoa! If you’ve been wanting to incorporate more quinoa into your diet, these bowls are such a great place to start!
Fresh Veggie Toppings: these bowls are easy to customize but I love to start with plenty of fresh veggies like romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and more!
Tzatziki: my favorite way to serve these bowls is with a delicious cool and creamy tzatziki sauce. All you need are a few ingredients to make this easy sauce.
Ingredient Swaps and FAQs
- Chicken Breast – you can easily swap the chicken breast for chicken thighs or even salmon if you like!
- Quinoa – don’t love quinoa? swap it for brown rice or white rice instead.
- Toppings – feel free to get creative with your toppings! add in hummus, extra veggies, fresh lemon, and more!
- Tzatziki – if you need to keep the tzatziki dairy free, you can swap the greek yogurt for your favorite vegan alternative instead.
My Favorite Way to Make Quinoa
Quinoa is a versatile grain and a great one to meal prep and keep on hand in the fridge. You can easily add it to salads, bowls, or use it as the base of different recipes. Be sure to read this post for all of my favorite ways to use quinoa!
Here’s my favorite way to make it: Add quinoa, salt, olive oil, and water to a medium pot. Bring the quinoa to a boil, cover the pot with a lid, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the quinoa for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat. Let the quinoa sit, off the heat, for 10 minutes and then uncover. Fluff with a fork and serve!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- mixing bowl
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- MEASURING CUPS
- MEASURING SPOONS
- Large Skillet
- meat thermometer
How to Make This Greek Chicken Bowl Recipe
Step One: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, dried oregano, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to a mixing bowl. Next, add the chicken breast and toss until well coated. Cover the bowl with and allow the chicken to marinate for at least twenty minutes.
Step Two: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and then cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165.
Step Three: Add the tzatziki sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside in the fridge.
Step Four: Once the chicken and tzatziki sauce is done, assemble the starting with a base of quinoa and romaine. Add all of the toppings and tzatziki sauce and garnish with dill and serve immediately.
Quinoa Bowl Toppings
Each bowl is filled with plenty of fresh veggies! You can always add your favorites but here’s what I like to start with:
- romaine lettuce
- green bell pepper
- artichoke hearts
- English cucumber
- red onion
- feta cheese
- fresh dill
How to Store
Store the chicken breast, quinoa (or whatever grain you’re using), and tzatziki sauce separately in the fridge for 3-5 days. When you’re ready just reheat the chicken and grains and then assemble the bowls with all of your favorite veggie toppings.
More Delicious Greek Inspired Recipe
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Greek Lamb Meatballs
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad
- The Best Greek Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- One Pan Greek Chicken with Artichokes and Olives
- Greek Salmon Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
I hope you give these Greek Chicken Bowls a try! They’re perfect to meal prep for a hearty lunch or dinner!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Greek Chicken Bowl
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: lunch and dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: greek inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the Bowls
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, havled
- 1/2 cup quartered English cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated seedless/English cucumber, gently squeezed in a kitchen cloth to remove water
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Make the chicken: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, dried oregano, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to a mixing bowl Next, add the chicken breast and toss until well coated. Cover the bowl with and allow the chicken to marinate for at least twenty minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and then cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165.
- Make the tzatziki: Add the tzatziki sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside in the fridge.
- Assemble the bowls: Once the chicken and tzatziki sauce is done, assemble the starting with a base of quinoa and romaine. Add all of the toppings and tzatziki sauce and garnish with dill and serve immediately.
greek chicken bowls, greek chicken bowl, chicken bowl
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA