This delicious Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe features tangy buffalo sauce, zesty Ranch, and tender shredded chicken with layers of pepper jack cheese and fresh veggies. Served on sweet, soft Hawaiian buns, it’s great for feeding a crowd!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- It’s perfect for parties or game day – this recipe makes 12 sliders and can easily be doubled or tripled for a hungry crowd. The sliders are great to prepare in advance and set out for guests!
- Great way to repurpose leftover chicken – if you have a leftover whole roasted chicken or spatchcock chicken from your weekly meal prep, this recipe is a good way to ensure none of it goes to waste. You can also use shredded buffalo chicken and omit or reduce the extra buffalo sauce included.
- Easy to customize – one of my favorite things about sliders is how easy they are to customize. You can add more meat, swap the cheese, include extra veggies, or use different sauces. There are endless ways to make this recipe your own!
More Reader Favorite Sandwich and Slider Recipes
- Ham and Cheese Sliders with Hot Honey Mustard
- Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches
- Turkey and Cheese Sliders with Delicious Cranberry Aioli
- Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Shredded Boneless Chicken Breast: to keep things easy, this recipe uses pre-cooked shredded chicken. I like to use leftover roasted chicken or the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken. It’s also a great way to use up any leftovers you have on hand!
Buffalo Sauce: you can make homemade buffalo sauce, or buy your favorite store-bought brand.
Green Onion (Scallions): you’ll need two tablespoons of thinly sliced green onions for these buffalo chicken sliders. Use both the white and green parts!
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls: my personal favorite option for sliders are Hawaiian sweet rolls. They’re soft, fluffy, sweet, and make the perfect base for the toppings. Of course, you’re welcome to use whatever rolls you prefer.
Melted Butter: we brush this over the rolls to add a rich flavor and create a beautiful golden exterior.
Pepper Jack Cheese: two layers of pepper jack cheese create the best melty layer and adds an extra touch of heat.
Tomatoes: I prefer to use Roma tomatoes because of their texture and lower juice content, which makes them great for stacking in sliders.
Romaine: use shredded romaine for a bit of added crunch and freshness to the sliders.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Ways to Customize
- Switch up the cheese – Not a fan of pepper jack? Use your favorite cheese instead! Cheddar, Swiss, gruyère, or mozzarella are some of my favorite substitutes.
- Double the recipe – need to make a few more sliders for a larger party? Swap the 12 standard-sized rolls for 24 smaller rolls instead. Or, if you know you’ll be feeding a hungry crowd, you can make a double batch of 12 or 24 sliders!
- Swap the protein – Don’t love chicken? This buffalo chicken sliders recipe can easily be made with shredded turkey instead.
- Use gluten free rolls – Need to keep this recipe gluten free? Feel free to use your favorite gluten free sandwich rolls!
- Leave off the veggies – Don’t love tomatoes and romaine? You can easily leave them off and just go with shredded chicken and cheese instead.
How to Make This Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
Step One: Set the oven on low broil before you begin.
Step Two: Slice the rolls in half lengthwise, leaving the individual rolls intact. Then, arrange them on a sheet pan, and place them under the broiler just until they’re lightly toasted and golden.
Step Three: Remove the rolls from the oven, and set the bottom side of the rolls aside. Then, flip the top side of the rolls over, and brush them with butter. Return the tops to the oven, and broil again until they’re lightly toasted. Once they’re removed from the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
Step Four: Add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing to a mixing bowl, and stir until the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
Step Five: Place six slices of pepper jack cheese on the bottom half of the rolls. Next, add the shredded buffalo chicken mixture, and top it with the remaining six slices of pepper jack cheese. Transfer the buffalo chicken sliders to the oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
Step Six: Top the baked sliders with thinly sliced tomatoes and sliced romaine. Then, add the top half of the rolls, and brush them with butter or oil and finely minced chives.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Sliders
- Watch the rolls carefully while toasting – sweet rolls can burn quickly in the oven. So, keep a very watchful eye on them, and only use low broil instead of high.
- Up the protein and cheese – the amount of protein called for in this recipe is really just a suggestion. If you prefer a bit meatier sandwich feel free to increase the amount of chicken you’re using. The same goes for the cheese if you want an extra cheesy slider.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper – this helps to make cleanup easy and catch any melty cheese that happens to fall.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Whether you’re looking to make a complete meal or just want to set out some snacks, these sliders pair perfectly with so many different options.
If you’re looking for a few sides to serve with your sliders some of my favorite party pairings include:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Crispy Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Homemade Chex Mix
How to Store and Reheat
I find that this recipe is best served on the days its made. However, if you have leftovers they’ll still be tasty.
Store: you can store any leftover sandwiches in an airtight storage container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
Reheat: if you want to warm the sandwiches up a bit, I recommend doing so in a 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, wrapped in aluminum foil. Or, if you’re in a pinch, you can reheat in the microwave at low power for 15 seconds at a time.
More Delicious Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
- Crispy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Nuggets (Gluten Free)
I hope you give this Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe a try! It’s so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love EatPrint
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups shredded boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 12 count Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1–2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1–2 cups shredded romaine
- melted butter or olive oil, for serving
- chives, for serving
- Set the oven on low broil.
- Prep and Toast the Rolls: Use a serrated knife to slice the rolls in half lengthwise (leaving the individual rolls intact). Place the rolls on a sheet pan and then place them under the broiler, watching carefully, until lightly toasted and golden. Remove the rolls from the oven. Set the bottom side of the rolls aside. Flip the top side of the rolls over and brush with butter. Return to the oven and broil the tops for another 30 seconds to a 1 minute until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and then turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees.
- Make the buffalo chicken: Add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Assemble the sliders: On the bottom half of the rolls, place 6 slices of pepper jack, then add the shredded buffalo chicken mixture, then top with the remaining 6 slices of pepper jack cheese. Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and top with thinly sliced tomato and sliced romaine and then place the top half of the rolls on top. Brush the tops with butter or olive oil and finely minced chives. Serve and enjoy!
buffalo chicken sliders, buffalo chicken sliders recipe