The best Pumpkin Streusel Muffins recipe! These sweet, spiced pumpkin streusel muffins are made with a buttery streusel topping and topped with a sweet sugar glaze. Delicious and easy to make, they’re perfect for breakfasts, snacks, or dessert!
The Best Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
You’re going to love these delicious Pumpkin Muffins! They’re soft and tender in the center with a rich, crumbly topping, and a sweet glaze.
Think of them like pumpkin coffee cake meets muffins. Better than even your local bakery’s recipe, they’re super easy to make and are perfect for preparing ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
Reader Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
- The Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread
Avocado Oil: a little avocado oil helps keep these muffins moist.
Pumpkin Puree: use storebought or homemade pumpkin puree. If using store-bought, just make sure it’s pure puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient should be pumpkin!
Almond Milk: you’ll need a bit of plain almond milk to help bring the batter together.
Eggs: these help to provide the muffins with structure. You’ll need a few large eggs for this recipe.
Granulated Sugar: this is used in both the batter and the streusel for a boost of sweetness.
Brown Sugar: like the white sugar, this is used in the batter and topping to enhance the sweet flavor.
Flour: you’ll need all-purpose flour for this recipe. I’ve included a substitution note below if needed.
Vanilla Extract: a flavor enhancer that amplifies the rest of the ingredients and adds depth with a subtle vanilla taste.
Baking Soda: this helps to give the muffins a beautiful rise.
Spices: you’ll need pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, and salt.
Unsalted Butter: we use butter in the streusel topping for that rich flavor and moist, crumbly consistency.
Powdered Sugar: confectioners sugar creates a smooth, glaze to drizzle over the muffins.
- Almond Milk – swap the almond milk for regular dairy milk or another plant-based milk if you prefer.
- Eggs – I have not tried this recipe with an egg substitute like flax or chia eggs but it could be worth a try.
- Flour – need keep these muffins gluten free? swap the flour for a one to one gluten free all-purpose flour.
- Muffin Pan
- Muffin Liners
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
Step One: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
Step Two: Make the streusel topping by adding butter, light brown sugar, salt, granulated sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice to a small mixing bowl. Then, use your fingertips to work the butter evenly into the flour and sugar to form a crumbly streusel topping.
Step Three: In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients for the muffin batter together until well combined. Then, fold in the dry ingredients until no streaks remain.
Step Four: Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin well ⅔ of the way full. Next, sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the muffin batter, pressing it gently into the top of the muffins to make sure it sticks.
Step Five: Bake the pumpkin muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Step Six: Remove the muffins from the oven, and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Drizzle the powdered sugar glaze over each muffin if desired.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Be sure to line or grease your muffin tin well – this will prevent the muffins from sticking.
- Add mix-ins to the batter – for even more flavor and texture, fold chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the prepared batter before scooping it into the muffin tin.
- Use an ice cream scoop – this is the easiest way to transfer your batter to the muffin pan without making a mess!
- Omit the toppings – feel free to leave off the streusel or glaze if you want a more simple recipe.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Serve your muffins at room temperature. Or, warm them up in the microwave or in the oven at 300 degrees for five to eight minutes until warmed through.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Streusel Muffins?
Yes, this recipe freezes well! Once cooled, leftover muffins can be transferred to an airtight container or sealable bag with or without the icing drizzle. They will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Thaw frozen muffins in the fridge overnight. Then, set them out to come to room temperature or heat as desired. Once they’re thawed you can top them with the icing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is canned pumpkin the same as pumpkin puree?
Yes, as long as there are no added ingredients canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same things.
How many cups in a 15-ounce can of pumpkin?
A large 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree is just short of 2 cups.
Can I make mini muffins instead?
Sure! Just divide the batter evenly amongst mini muffin tins, filling each muffin well ⅔ of the way full, and adjust the baking time as needed.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Healthy Banana Nut Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Almond Butter Sweet Potato Muffins
I hope you give these Pumpkin Muffins a try! They are so easy to make and delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Make Streusel Topping: Add the butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, all purpose flour, and pumpkin pie spice to a small mixing bowl. Use your finger tips to work the butter evenly into the flour and sugar to form a streusel topping. Set aside.
- Whisk together the avocado oil, pumpkin puree, almond milk, eggs, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Next, fold in the all purpose flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin well 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the muffin batter, pressing it gently into the batter to make sure it sticks.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before adding a drizzle of glaze on each muffin.
pumpkin streusel muffins, pumpkin muffins recipe, best pumpkin muffins
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA