Gluten free pumpkin bread dusted with delicious cinnamon sugar. This pumpkin bread uses a whole can of pumpkin and is deliciously moist. Not only is it gluten-free, this recipe is made in one-bowl and incredibly easy to make. It will quickly become a favorite!
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with a Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Pumpkin bread! Is there anything more cozy?! Classic pumpkin bread just screams warm, cozy, and all things fall baking. It’s one of my favorite breads to make once the temperatures start to drop just a little bit. This gluten free cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread gives you all those cozy fall vibes but without any gluten so it’s the perfect quick-bread for everyone.
I specifically crafted this recipe to use a whole can of pumpkin so it is perfectly moist and full of pumpkin flavor. The warming pumpkin pie spice adds plenty of that classic pumpkin spice you know and love. This recipe is made in one bowl and only takes around ten minutes to whip up before it goes into the oven. I know you’ll love it!
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Pumpkin (a whole can so there’s no need to figure out what to do with what’s leftover!)
- Dark Brown Sugar (favorite brown sugar of all time)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Gluten Free Flour (this is my go-to gluten free flour)
- Turbinado Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make This a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Want a little chocolate in your pumpkin bread? Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is one of my favorites and you can easily add half a cup of your favorite dark chocolate chips to this bread to get that chocolatey goodness. You can add chocolate chips to the top of the bread instead of cinnamon sugar if you prefer.
How to Make This Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Step One: Add the melted butter, pumpkin, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and eggs to a mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
Step Two: Next, add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl. Stir until the batter is well mixed.
Step Three: If using, fold in any chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
Step Four: Transfer the pumpkin bread batter to a prepared loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
Step Five: Bake the bread at 350 degrees for fifty to sixty minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Step Six: Let the bread come to a cool in the loaf pan before transferring it to a wire rack to slice.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread
Store the pumpkin bread on the counter, tightly wrapped in foil or food wrap, for 3-4 days. If you need it to keep for a bit longer, I recommend storing the bread in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
Yes! You can either freeze the entire loaf of pumpkin bread or cut it into individual slices before freezing. I recommend slicing the bread before freezing. To freeze the bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place the wrapped bread in a freezer safe storage bag.
When you are ready to eat, remove a slice of pumpkin bread, or the entire loaf, from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter top. You can reheat a slice of bread in the microwave or in a hot oven for a few minutes before it is warmed through.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- This recipe calls for one tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice but feel free to add more or less depending on your tastebuds.
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans to your bread if you like a little crunch.
- Turn the pumpkin bread halfway through cooking to ensure that the loaf cooks evenly.
- You can insert a wooden skewer into the center of the bread to check on its doneness. Once it comes out clean the bread should be done.
- To ensure that your pumpkin bread does not stick, line the loaf pan with parchment paper. This will make it very easy to remove the bread from the loaf once it has cooled.
- I love to reheat heat a slice of this pumpkin bread in the oven. The slightly toasted bread tastes delicious.
More Delicious Gluten Free Bread and Muffin Recipes to Love
Gluten Free Brown Butter Banana Bread
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
Gluten Free Almond Butter Sweet Potato Muffins
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I hope you love this cozy cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread! I know it will quickly become a favorite. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe below so others know how you liked it!
- 1 – 15oz can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the melted butter, pumpkin, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and eggs to a mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Next, add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl. Stir until the batter is well mixed.
- If using, fold in any chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Transfer the pumpkin bread batter to a prepared loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees for fifty to sixty minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread come to a cool in the loaf pan before transferring it to a wire rack to slice.
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread, cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread, gluten free cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread