This delicious Pumpkin Coffee Cake is filled with the flavors of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar. It’s easy to make and the perfect way to use pumpkin puree.
Why You’ll Love This Delicious (and easy!) Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- It’s SO GOOD! We tested this Pumpkin Coffee cake over and over again to make sure it had the perfect flavor AND texture. The end result is a tender pumpkin coffee cake with just the right balance of sweetness and spice.
- It’s easy! Just make the batter, then the crumb topping, bake and finish with drizzle with icing.
- It’s perfect for the holidays! Whether you’re making this recipe for a holiday party, Friendsgiving, or just a small get together with loved ones, everyone is sure to love this coffee cake!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Video
Reader Favorite Coffee Cake Recipes
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Brown Butter Cinnamon Orange Coffee Cake
- Banana Coffee Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Ingredients
Butter: for a delicious butter flavor we’re starting with a few tablespoons of butter that have been melted.
Greek Yogurt: you’ll need plain whole milk yogurt for this recipe. It keeps the cake perfectly moist.
Pumpkin Puree: you can’t have pumpkin coffee cake without plenty of pumpkin puree. Be sure to grab pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. If you have time, you can also make your own pumpkin puree using my easy homemade recipe.
Vanilla Extract: are you even making a coffee cake if there’s not plenty of delicious vanilla flavor running all throughout it?
Almond Milk: you’ll need a bit of milk for the coffee cake batter. I used almond milk but you’re more than welcome to use dairy milk if you prefer.
Brown Sugar: this adds sweetness to both the coffee cake and the crumb topping.
Flour: you’ll need a bit of all purpose flour for both the cake and topping. I’ve included a gluten free option, below, if you need it.
Spices: there’s plenty of delicious pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in this cake.
- Butter – don’t want to use butter? you can swap it out for four tablespoons of a neutral oil like avocado or vegetable oil. You could also use melted ghee if you prefer.
- Greek Yogurt – if you like, you can swap the Greek yogurt for sour cream if you like. I have not tested this recipe with a dairy-free yogurt but I do think it could work.
- Brown Sugar – swap the brown sugar for coconut sugar if you prefer. Note that the cake may be slightly less sweet as coconut sugar does not taste as sweet as traditional brown sugar.
- Flour – need to keep this recipe gluten free? swap the all-purpose flour for gluten free flour instead. My favorite gluten free flour replacement to use is Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour. It always work well for me as 1 to 1 swap for all-purpose flour. Please note, that you cannot substitute almond flour, coconut flour, or cassava flour 1:1 in this recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Step One: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a square 8×8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
Step Two: Add the melted butter, brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a small mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined and a crumble forms. Set aside.
Step Three: Add the melted butter, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and almond milk to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
Step Four: To another mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until well combined.
Step Five: Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a thick batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the coffee cake.
Step Six: Bake the coffee cake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. If using a ceramic baking dish the cake may take a bit longer to bake.
Step Eight: Let the coffee cake cool for 15-20 minutes before drizzling the icing over the cake while warm. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Icing Drizzle
This pumpkin coffee cake has so many delicious elements including a delicious pumpkin spice icing drizzle on top. It’s so easy to whip up and makes this coffee cake even more delicious.
What You Need:
- powdered sugar – this is the base of the icing.
- milk or non-dairy milk – you can use dairy milk or a little unsweetened almond milk for this icing.
- pumpkin pie spice – this adds just the right touch of pumpkin spice flavor.
- vanilla extract – to add just the right touch of delicious vanilla flavor.
To make the icing: Add the confectioner’s sugar, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until everything is well combined and smooth.
I like to drizzle the icing over the coffee cake after it’s cooled for a bit but while it’s still warm.
How to Serve
- This coffee cake is perfect paired with a homemade pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin spice cold brew.
- Serve it at a holiday brunch with this Sausage Breakfast Casserole.
- Use some leftover thanksgiving ham to make this Ham and Spinach Quiche paired with a slice of delicious coffee cake.
- Keep it simple with hot coffee, a slice of perfectly cooked bacon, and a warm bite of pumpkin coffee cake.
How to Store and Reheat
Store: Store the coffee cake, wrapped tightly, or in an air-tight container, on the counter for 2-3 days. If you would like it to last longer, you can wrap the coffee cake tightly and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Freezing: You can also freeze the coffee cake if you prefer. Slice the cake into even slices and the wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then transfer to a freezer safe storage bag. Store the sliced cake for up to three months.
Reheat: You can reheat a slice of the coffee cake in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes until warmed through. I like to wrap the cake in a bit of aluminum foil before placing in the oven to reheat. You can also place a slice in the microwave fro 15-30 seconds at a time until warm.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- The Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Crisp
- The Best Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Coffee
I hope you give this Pumpkin Coffee Cake a try! It’s easy to make, perfectly spiced, and so good. If you do give this recipe a try, let me know!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Coffee Cake Batter
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a square 8×8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Make the Crumb Topping: Add the melted butter, brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a small mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined and a crumble forms. Set aside.
- Make the Coffee Cake Batter: Add the melted butter, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and almond milk to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- To another mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until well combined.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a thick batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the coffee cake.
- Bake the coffee cake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. If using a ceramic baking dish the cake may take a bit longer to bake.
- Make the Icing: Add the confectioner’s sugar, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Let the coffee cake cool for 15-20 minutes before drizzling the icing over the cake while warm. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
pumpkin coffee cake, pumpkin coffee cake recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love Eat