Perfect oven roasted cauliflower that is perfectly crispy and full of flavor. All you need are three simple ingredients to make delicious roasted cauliflower that is great as a side or in a salad. Make the creamy tahini sauce to dip your cauliflower and add even more flavor!
The Best Oven Roasted Cauliflower
The best oven roasted cauliflower!!
Ok, so hearing the phrased “roasted cauliflower” may not illicit the same response as hearing “chocolate chip cookie” but when it comes to roasting veggies, cauliflower is one of the best. If you are anything like me, you grew up hating cauliflower because it always came steamed (with broccoli of course) in some weird medley of broccoli, cauliflower, and steamed carrots. The worst.
Thankfully, you are an adult know and can make your cauliflower taste absolutely delicious with a few simple seasonings, an oven, and sheet pan. Want to take things to another level? Make a creamy herby tahini sauce to serve on the side of your perfectly crispy roasted cauliflower.
This simple recipe is so easy to make and perfect as an appetizer or side dish. You will love it!
A Few More Reader Favorite Cauliflower Recipes
Loaded Mashed Cauliflower
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Dairy Free Loaded Cauliflower Soup
Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Herbs (dill, mint, parsley, and chives)
- Fresh Lemon Juice
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
Step One: Using a sharp knife, cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Rinse the cauliflower in a colander to remove and dirt and then pat the florets dry. Once they are dry, add the florets to a large mixing bowl.
Step Two: Next, drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and then add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Step Three: Using your hand or large spoon, toss the cauliflower florets until they are well coated in the olive and seasonings. Then, transfer the cauliflower to a large baking sheet. Arrange the florets cut side down to ensure they get golden brown and crispy.
Step Four: Roast the cauliflower at 425 degrees for around 25-30 minutes, flipping the florets after twelve to fifteen minutes of cooking.
Step Five: While the cauliflower is roasting, add all of the tahini sauce ingredients to a food processor. Blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy. If your sauce is too thick, feel free to add in a few extra tablespoons of water to thin it out to your liking.
Step Six: Once the cauliflower is golden brown remove it from the oven. The larger florets should be golden brown and tender but still have a little bit of bite to them.
Step Seven: Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving dish or platter. Garnish them with parsley and red pepper flakes and then serve with tahini sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Crispy Cauliflower
This recipe is incredibly simple but there are a few tips and tricks that will ensure you get perfectly roasted cauliflower every single time.
- Roast the cauliflower directly on the sheet pan. I’ve tried this recipe using a parchment lined baking sheet and it just isn’t the same.
- Do not skimp on the oil. You need those two full tablespoons to help the cauliflower get nice and crispy.
- Roast the cauliflower “cut side down” to start. The flat cut side of the floret has more surface area and will get nice and crispy.
- Don’t over roast your cauliflower. The cauliflower should be tender but not mushy. The larger florets will should be tender but sill have some “bite” to them.
More Delicious Recipes to Love
Fall Harvest Salad with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Honey Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Butternut Squash
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
For the Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Lemon Herb Tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water, plus more to taste
- Add the cauliflower florets to large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets until well coated in the olive and seasonings then transfer them to a large baking sheet. Place the florets cut side down to help them get golden brown and crispy.
- Roast the cauliflower at 425 degrees for around 25-30 minutes. Flip the florets 12-15 minutes into cooking.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, add all of the tahini sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Feel free to add a few more tablespoons of water to the tahini sauce to thin it out a bit if you think it is too thick.
- Once the cauliflower is golden brown and tender, but still has a little bite, remove it from the oven.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving dish or platter and serve with tahini sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Store the tahini sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Keywords: the best roasted cauliflower, oven roasted cauliflower, roasted cauliflower, easy oven roasted cauliflower, lemon herb tahini, tahini sauce