This flavorful Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma is a delicious take on traditional chicken shawarma. The flavorful chicken is cooked entirely on a sheet pan for a quick weeknight dinner recipe full of flavor.
Your New Favorite Weeknight Dinner – Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
I love a good sheet pan meal and this delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma is probably my new favorite. If you’ve had Chicken Shawarma then you know how delicious it truly is. While this recipe isn’t traditional, it’s my take on the Middle Eastern-inspired dish. It features tender, marinated chicken, aromatic spices, and a medley of colorful vegetables, all cooked on a single sheet pan.
What is Traditional Chicken Shawarma?
Traditional chicken shawarma is a Middle Eastern dish made of marinated chicken that is stacked on a vertical rotisserie and slowly roasted.
The chicken is typically seasoned with a delicious blend of aromatic spices such as garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, and turmeric. As the chicken cooks on the rotisserie it’s shaved off and served in a pita bread or flatbread, along with a variety of different toppings.
More Delicious Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Burrito Bowls
Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma Video: Watch How to Make This Recipe
Chicken Thighs: you’ll need a pound and a half of boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe.
Olive Oil: this is the base of the flavorful shawarma marinade for the chicken.
Lemon: plenty of fresh lemon juice is also added to the chicken marinade.
Garlic: fresh garlic gives the chicken the best flavor.
Honey: this adds just a touch of sweetness to the chicken and also helps it caramelize a bit for that perfect golden color while cooking.
Spices and Herbs: a robust combination of herbs and spices give these sheet pan chicken shawarma delicious flavor.
Delicious Greek Yogurt Tahini Sauce
One of my favorite ways to enjoy the chicken shawarma is with a delicious Greek yogurt tahini sauce! It’s the perfect combination of tahini, greek yogurt, and garlic and it pairs perfectly with the chicken.
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Chicken Thighs – if you prefer, you can swap the chicken thighs for boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Greek Yogurt – need to keep the tahini sauce dairy free? use a dairy free greek yogurt instead. You could also swap the yogurt tahini sauce for this lemon tahini sauce instead.
- Honey – you can swap the honey for maple syrup if needed.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
Step One: Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the sliced chicken thighs and then toss until the chicken is well coated. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Step Two: Add the Greek yogurt and tahini to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and then add the lemon juice, water, garlic, and salt and whisk again until smooth. Add more lemon juice to taste or more water to thin if needed.
Step Three: Remove the chicken from the fridge and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with avocado oil spray and then transfer the chicken to the sheet pan and spread in an even layer. Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes until browned and and fully cooked, tossing halfway through. Remove from the oven.
Step Four: Build your bowls with a base of romaine and mixed greens, add the toppings, and chicken. Drizzle over tahini sauce and serve.
Favorite Ways to Serve
You can serve the chicken shawarma in the more traditional way in a pita or flatbread. Or, if you prefer, you can turn the chicken into bowls and serve them over a base of greens with all your favorite toppings.
Here are a few of my favorite things to include in the bowls:
- Chopped romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
How to Store and Reheat
Store any leftover chicken and veggies in an air-tight container for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to reheat you can do so on the stovetop in a skillet or in the microwave. Once the chicken and veggies are hot, assemble your bowls!
More Delicious Weeknight Recipes
- Chicken Pesto Meatballs
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Crispy Pork Carnitas
- Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls
I hope you give this Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma a try! It’s a flavorful weeknight meal that I know you’ll love!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: lunch and dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: middle eastern inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 11/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make the marinade and prep the chicken: Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the sliced chicken thighs and then toss until the chicken is well coated. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Make the Yogurt Sauce: Add the Greek yogurt and tahini to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and then add the lemon juice, water, garlic, and salt and whisk again until smooth. Add more lemon juice to taste or more water to thin if needed.
- Cook the chicken: Remove the chicken from the fridge and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with avocado oil spray and then transfer the chicken to the sheet pan and spread in an even layer. Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes until browned and and fully cooked, tossing halfway through. Remove from the oven.
- Assemble the bowls: Build your bowls with a base of romaine and mixed greens, add the toppings, and chicken. Drizzle over tahini sauce and serve.
sheet pan chicken shawarma, chicken shawarma recipe, sheet pan chicken shawarma recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA