This Blueberry Smoothie is light, refreshing, and creamy without any banana! All you need are four ingredients to make this delicious smoothie that’s perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
Delicious and Easy Blueberry Smoothie
This delicious blueberry smoothie is going to be your new favorite smoothie. It’s perfectly creamy (without any banana!), easy to make, and you can easily add mix-ins to customize this drink and make it your own.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s light and refreshing! – the combination of frozen blueberry and mango is so refreshing and light while still being creamy.
- It’s full of fruit flavor! – the frozen mango in this smoothie not only helps it to be extra creamy but also adds some delicious tropical fruit flavor.
- It’s easy to customize! – you can add all your favorite smoothie additions like protein, powder, flax seed, and more to this smoothie. Need some ideas? I’ve got plenty in this post!
Blueberries: you’ll need two cups of frozen blueberries for this recipe. If you want some extra blueberries try using frozen wild blueberries!
Mango: to give this smoothie the perfect creamy texture and that delicious banana flavor we’re using one whole banana.
Greek yogurt: I love adding Greek yogurt to my smoothies because it ads a dose of extra healthy fats and protein to the drink.
Almond Milk: my milk of choice for this smoothie plain or vanilla almond milk.
Helpful Smoothie Making Tools
Blueberry Smoothie Variations
- Make it sweeter or less sweet – you can always add a touch of maple syrup (or honey!) to this smoothie to make it sweeter if you feel like it’s necessary. Just give it a taste before serving and sweeten to taste.
- Make it dairy free/ vegan – leave out the Greek Yogurt entirely or swap it for your favorite dairy-free yogurt instead! The smoothie will still be creamy without yogurt.
- Use vanilla yogurt – if you want a little vanilla flavor you can use vanilla greek yogurt instead of plain. You could also try adding bit of vanilla extract if you like.
- Swap the milk – swap the almond milk for coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or even whole milk if you prefer.
Ways to Customize
This smoothie makes a perfect blank canvas for nutritious mix-ins! This is one of my favorite things to do when it comes to smoothies because it makes them heartier and more satisfying. Below are a few great additions that I personally love!
- protein powder – this UNFLAVORED WHEY PROTEIN POWDER is my favorite and something I use every day. I always add it to my smoothies when I’m making one to drink as a meal.
- collagen powder – I love adding a scoop of COLLAGEN POWDER for an extra hit of protein to keep me feeling full. This great option to use instead of protein powder.
- ground flax seeds – these FLAXSEEDS are full of health benefits and you cannot even taste them! They contain fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
- chia seeds – I recommend adding just anywhere between a half to one teaspoon or so of CHIA SEEDS they don’t change the texture of the smoothie too much. Be sure to drink it right away or it’ll turn into chia pudding!
- hemp seeds – another seed that I love to add to my smoothies are HEMP SEEDS for all fo the health benefits. I usually add 1/2 a tablespoon.
- oats – I love adding 1/4 cup of OLD-FASHIONED OATS to my smoothies for even more fiber and whole grains. You can’t even taste them!
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie
Step One: Add the almond milk and Greek yogurt to the blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen blueberries and mango.
Step Three: Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more almond milk to thin if the smoothie too thick.
My Favorite Tips for the Best Creamy Smoothies
- Add the liquid first – add your liquid to the base of the blender first. This helps make the smoothie easier to blend.
- Start slow – start the blender speed on low and then gradually turn it up before bringing it to full speed for the best results.
- Use frozen produce – be sure to use frozen blueberries and mango for this recipe. It helps to keep the smoothie cold and gives it a nice thick consistency.
- Ditch the ice – if you typically add a ton of ice to your smoothies it may be tempting to add it to this one but trust me you do not need it. The frozen fruit is all you need to keep the smoothie cold and creamy.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- The Best Mango Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Peach Smoothie
- Piña Colada Smoothie
- Banana Cherry Smoothie
Get all of our best reader favorite smoothie recipes, here!
I hope you give this Blueberry Smoothie a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
blueberry smoothie, blueberry smoothie recipe, how to make a blueberry smoothie
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: The G&M Kitchen