This fruity and refreshing Pineapple Smoothie is full of sweet pineapple flavor. It’s creamy, has a bit of extra protein, and is so easy to customize. You’ll love this delicious recipe for a healthy breakfast or snack!
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Smoothie
- It’s light and refreshing! – pineapple is juicy and refreshing and this smoothie is packed with it.
- It’s creamy – the combination of Greek yogurt and banana makes this smoothie perfectly smooth and creamy.
- It’s easy to customize! – this pineapple smoothie is the perfect blank canvas for so many additional mix-ins and nutritious ingredients. You can add almost anything to make this smoothie even more filling.
Frozen Pineapple: you’ll need around two cups of frozen pineapple chunks for this smoothie.
Frozen Banana: be sure to use a frozen ripe banana for the best flavor. This helps to give the smoothie some creaminess and sweetness.
Greek Yogurt: plain Greek yogurt helps to make the smoothie extra creamy and adds a bit of extra protein.
Pineapple Juice: to really drive home that juicy pineapple flavor we’re using a bit of pineapple juice. If you prefer, you can swap the pineapple juice for more almond milk.
Almond Milk: you can use plain almond milk or vanilla almond milk – whichever you prefer!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Make it sweeter – if you want things sweeter, feel free to add a touch of maple syrup or honey.
- Make it dairy free/ vegan – you can leave out the Greek yogurt entirely or swap it for a dairy free version instead.
- Swap the milk – this smoothie will work with almost any milk. Feel free to swap the almond milk for oat milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
- Add in some veggies – this smoothie flavor pairs well with the addition of fresh spinach or kale so feel free to add in a handful if you like!
Ways to Customize
This pineapple smoothie makes a perfect blank canvas for nutritious mix-ins! Adding a few extra nourishing ingredients to smoothies is a great way to make them even more filling. Below are a few great additions that I personally love!
- protein powder – this UNFLAVORED WHEY PROTEIN POWDER is my favorite and something I use every day. I always add it to my smoothies when I’m making one to drink as a meal.
- collagen powder – I love adding a scoop of COLLAGEN POWDER for an extra hit of protein to keep me feeling full. This great option to use instead of protein powder.
- ground flax seeds – these FLAXSEEDS are full of health benefits and you cannot even taste them! They contain fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
- chia seeds – I recommend adding just anywhere between a half to one teaspoon or so of CHIA SEEDS they don’t change the texture of the smoothie too much. Be sure to drink it right away or it’ll turn into chia pudding!
- hemp seeds – another seed that I love to add to my smoothies are HEMP SEEDS for all fo the health benefits. I usually add 1/2 a tablespoon.
- oats – I love adding 1/4 cup of OLD-FASHIONED OATS to my smoothies for even more fiber and whole grains. You can’t even taste them!
How to Make a Pineapple Smoothie
Step One: Add the almond milk, pineapple juice, and Greek yogurt to your blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen banana and frozen pineapple chunks.
Step Three: Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more almond milk or juice if needed.
Tips for the Perfect Creamy Smoothie Every Time
- Add the liquid first – add your liquid to the base of the blender first. This helps make the smoothie easier to blend.
- Start slow – start the blender speed on low and then gradually turn it up before bringing it to full speed for the best results.
- Use frozen produce – to get that really creamy, thick, and delicious texture be sure to use frozen pineapple and banana.
- Ditch the ice – if you typically add a ton of ice to your smoothies it may be tempting to add it to this one but trust me you do not need it. Just use frozen fruit to keep things creamy.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- The Best Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie
Get all of the best smoothie recipes on All the Healthy Things, here!
I hope you give this Pineapple Smoothie a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love! If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
pineapple smoothie, pineapple smoothie recipe, how to make a pineapple smoothie