This orange creamsicle smoothie is full of delicious orange flavor and perfectly creamy! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a blender for the perfect smoothie that tastes just like a creamsicle.
The Best Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Did you grow up eating orange creamsicle popsicles? Or an Orange Julius drink? I did and both were my absolute favorites! There’s something just so good about the combination of fresh orange and vanilla.
Watch How to Make This Recipe
This orange creamsicle smoothie is so easy to make and a fun take on the traditional treat made with simple whole food ingredients.
The smoothie has the best orange flavor and can easily be made completely dairy free if you need to keep it vegan. You can even add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to make this a delicious and filling breakfast. I know you’ll love this one!
Frozen Banana: this helps to make the smoothie nice and creamy.
Orange: for that delicious fresh orange flavor that we all love about creamsicles.
Greek Yogurt: this adds a bit of extra protein and creaminess to the smoothie.
Vanilla Extract: if you want that really classic creamsicle smoothie flavor then you need a little vanilla extract!
Coconut Milk: for that creamy texture and the best flavor I recommend using full fat canned coconut milk. If you prefer you could use almond milk instead.
Orange Juice: for even more delicious orange flavor! So the smoothie isn’t too sweet try to use an orange juice with no added sweeteners.
Can I Make This Orange Creamsicle with No Banana?
Yes! If you don’t like the flavor of banana, you can swap it for half a cup of frozen mango chunks instead!
Can I Make This Smoothie Vegan?
Yes! You can leave out the Greek yogurt entirely or swap it for you favorite dairy-free version to keep this smoothie vegan.
Can I Add Protein Powder?
Yes! I love adding protein to this smoothie, especially if I have it for breakfast, to keep me full and satisfied. For the best tasting results add a non-flavored or vanilla protein powder.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make This Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Step One: Add the coconut milk, orange juice, and vanilla extract, to a high-powered blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen banana, orange, and Greek yogurt to the blender.
Step Three: Blend until the smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. Serve with orange zest and whipped cream or coconut cream.
More Ways to Customize
Feel free to get creative and add extra little boosts of nutrition to your smoothie. Below are a few of my favorite things to add:
- collagen powder – this is another great way to add extra protein to your smoothie! vanilla or plain would be great!
- ground flax seeds – I love adding these to my smoothies! they’re virtually tasteless and so good for you!
- spinach – the classic veggie to add your smoothies! of course, it’ll change the orange color of the smoothie but you won’t be able to taste it.
- chia seeds – these are a great way to add in extra fiber to your smoothies.
- hemp seeds – another great way to add healthy fats and fiber to your smoothies.
- nut butter – cashew butter would be a great creamy addition to this smoothie.
- whole grain old fashioned oats – if you haven’t tried adding oats to your smoothies then I highly suggest it! I like to add one-fourth a cup of old fashioned oats for extra fiber and whole grains. You really can’t even taste them!
How to Meal Prep Smoothies in Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid and yogurt, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid and yogurt to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
Tips for the Perfect Smoothie Every Time
- Add the liquid first – add your liquid to the base of the blender first. This helps make it easier for the smoothie to blend.
- Start slow – start the blender speed on low and then gradually turn it up before bringing it to full speed.
- Use frozen fruit – for this recipe it’s important your banana is frozen to ensure you get that ultra creamy texture.
- Ditch the ice – if you typically add ice to your smoothies it may be tempting to add it to this one but trust me you do not need it. Just use a frozen banana instead to keep things cold.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Banana Cherry Smoothie
- The Best Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie
- The Best Mango Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- The Best Green Smoothie
Get all of our best reader favorite smoothie recipes, here!
I hope you give this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more coconut milk if needed.
orange creamsicle smoothie, orange creamsicle no banana, healthy orange creamsicle smoothie
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Eat Love Eat