This healthy and delicious Avocado Corn Salsa tastes just like the Chipotle version, only better! Filled with fresh sweet corn, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice, this salsa is perfect for topping your tacos or burrito bowls, or as a delicious snack with your favorite tortilla chips. This recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free!
Delicious Avocado Corn Salsa
There are so many delicious salsa variations out there but this delicious avocado corn salsa is one of the very best! There is such something about the combination of sweet corn and avocado that tastes so good.
Avocado corn salsa is the perfect blend of fresh, cool, creamy, and bright. All of the elements work so well together to make this delicious salsa that is great for topping for tacos, burritos, and salads. Or just pair it with your favorite tortilla chips for the perfect snack.
This recipe is so simple and naturally gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. You will love it!
Simple Sweet Corn And Avocado Salsa Ingredients
Sweet Corn: Any sweet corn will work! Yellow or white are both great options and will taste absolutely delicious.
Avocado: All you need is one large hass avocado. Don’t have a ripe avocado ready to use? You can leave it out and this salsa will still be delicious.
Red Onion: Adds that perfect crisp and flavor “bite” to the salsa.
Cilantro: This is a must-have for this salsa! Don’t forget to chop up both the leaves and the stems when prepping this salsa. The stems have so much flavor.
Lime Juice: This salsa does not have a complicated dressing. All you need is fresh lime juice and salt to pull everything together.
How To Cook The Corn
- Roast it in the oven! – This is my personal favorite way to cook the corn for this salsa. Wrap the cleaned and shucked ears of corn in tin foil and roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees should do the trick!
- Grill it! – Shuck your corn and then grill for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Boil it! – Another great option is to add your shucked ears of corn to boiling water and let it quickly boil for 5 minutes.
However you choose to cook your corn, let it come to a complete cool before cutting the kernels off of the cob. Letting the corn cool will make it much easier to handle when removing the kernels.
How To Make This Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe
Step One: Use a sharp knife to remove the cooked corn kernels off the cob. Be sure not to leave any kernels behind.
Step Two: Add the corn kernels, diced avocado, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice, finely diced jalapeno pepper (if using), and salt to a mixing bowl.
Step Three: Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined. Give the salsa a taste and adjust the level of salt, lime juice, and spice. Once it tastes how you like it, either serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve!
Tips And Tricks For The Best Salsa
- Be sure to finely dice your red onion. No one wants a huge hunk of red onion in their salsa.
- Dice avocados on the smaller side instead of large chunks. This will ensure that all of the salsa ingredients are roughly the same size so you get that perfect bite.
- Use plenty of lime juice. This recipe calls for the juice of two limes but feel free to add more!
- Don’t be afraid of the salt. Avocados on their own tend to need a little salt to maximize their flavor. This recipe starts with ¼ teaspoon of salt and then you can give things a taste and adjust to meet your needs.
- If you don’t have fresh corn, feel free to use canned or frozen corn. Just be sure to drain the corn well before adding to your mixing bowl.
- Adjust the heat to your liking! If you like things on the spicier side, feel free to add a tablespoon or two of finely diced jalapeno pepper.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
If you love this Avocado Corn Salsa recipe I know you’ll love these delicious recipes, too! Here are a few other Mexican-inspired recipes to try:
- 2 cups corn kernels
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 large hass avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined and then adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: avocado corn salsa, corn salsa, homemade avocado corn salsa