This creamy peanut butter strawberry smoothie is the perfect combination of juicy strawberries, banana, and creamy peanut butter. I know you’ll love it!
Creamy Dreamy Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
I love a good smoothie and this creamy, dreamy, strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie may just be my favorite. If you love strawberries, banana, and PB then you are going to LOVE this one. It’s the perfect combination of all the best things, in my personal opinion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s creamy! – the combination of banana, frozen yogurt, and PB make this smoothie thick and creamy!
- It’s full of peanut butter! – there’s something special about that peanut butter flavor, am I right? it’s just so good. Thankfully, this smoothie full of delicious peanut butter flavor.
- It’s easy to customize! – you can add all your favorite smoothie additions like protein, powder, flax seed, and more to this smoothie. Need some ideas? I’ve got plenty in this post!
Strawberries: to ensure the smoothie is cold and creamy we’re using frozen strawberries. Feel free to buy pre-frozen berries or buy fresh and freeze your own.
Banana: to give this smoothie the perfect creamy texture and that delicious banana flavor we’re using one whole banana.
Greek yogurt: I love adding Greek yogurt to my smoothies because it ads a dose of extra healthy fats and protein to the drink.
Vanilla Extract: this adds just a little vanilla flavor to the smoothie.
Almond Milk: my milk of choice for this smoothie plain or vanilla almond milk.
Peanut Butter: last, but certainly not least, you’ll need some peanut butter! look for one that is made with only a few simple ingredients.
Helpful Smoothie Making Tools
high powered blender
Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie Variations
- Make it sweeter or less sweet – you can always add al touch of maple syrup (or honey!) to this smoothie to make it sweeter if you feel like it’s necessary. Just give it a taste before serving.
- Make it dairy free/ vegan – leave out the Greek Yogurt entirely or swap it for your favorite dairy-free yogurt instead!
- Swap the peanut butter for almond butter – if you’re not a fan of peanut butter you can easily swap the PB for almond butter. Cashew butter or pecan butter will also work, however you won’t get that peanut butter flavor.
- Swap the milk – swap the almond milk for coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or even whole milk if you prefer.
Ways to Customize
This smoothie makes a perfect blank canvas for nutritious mix-ins! This is one of my favorite things to do when it comes to smoothies because it makes them heartier and more satisfying. Below are a few great additions that I personally love!
- protein powder – this UNFLAVORED WHEY PROTEIN POWDER is my favorite and something I use every day. I always add it to my smoothies when I’m making one to drink as a meal.
- collagen powder – I love adding a scoop of COLLAGEN POWDER for an extra hit of protein to keep me feeling full. This great option to use instead of protein powder.
- ground flax seeds – these FLAXSEEDS are full of health benefits and you cannot even taste them! They contain fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
- chia seeds – I recommend adding just anywhere between a half to one teaspoon or so of CHIA SEEDS they don’t change the texture of the smoothie too much. Be sure to drink it right away or it’ll turn into chia pudding!
- hemp seeds – another seed that I love to add to my smoothies are HEMP SEEDS for all fo the health benefits. I usually add 1/2 a tablespoon.
- oats – I love adding 1/4 cup of OLD-FASHIONED OATS to my smoothies for even more fiber and whole grains. You can’t even taste them!
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Step One: Add the almond milk and vanilla extract to the base of your blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen strawberries, frozen banana, Greek yogurt, and peanut butter.
Step Three: Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more almond milk if needed.
My Favorite Tips for Creamy Smoothies
- Add the liquid first – add your liquid to the base of the blender first. This helps make the smoothie easier to blend.
- Start slow – start the blender speed on low and then gradually turn it up before bringing it to full speed for the best results.
- Use frozen produce – for this recipe it’s really important that you use at least a frozen banana to ensure you get that really thick, delicious creamy texture. Otherwise the smoothie will be too watery.
- Ditch the ice – if you typically add a ton of ice to your smoothies it may be tempting to add it to this one but trust me you do not need it. Just use frozen strawberries and a banana instead to keep things cold and creamy.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The Best Mango Smoothie
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Creamy Peach Smoothie
Piña Colada Smoothie
Banana Cherry Smoothie
I hope you give this Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk (plus more if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons creamy all-natural peanut butter
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: strawberry peanut butter smoothie, strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie, how to make a strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA