Coffee Cake Batter
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a square 8×8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Make the Crumb Topping: Add the melted butter, brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a small mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined and a crumble forms. Set aside.
- Make the Coffee Cake Batter: Add the melted butter, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and almond milk to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- To another mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until well combined.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a thick batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the coffee cake.
- Bake the coffee cake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. If using a ceramic baking dish the cake may take a bit longer to bake.
- Make the Icing: Add the confectioner’s sugar, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Let the coffee cake cool for 15-20 minutes before drizzling the icing over the cake while warm. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin coffee cake, pumpkin coffee cake recipe