This sweet and tangy baked Honey Mustard Salmon is a delicious recipe that will take you less than 15 minutes to make! Pair it with roasted potatoes and your favorite veggies for a complete meal.
Why You’ll Love This Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Delicious – Mustard, sweet honey, garlic, and lemon juice come together to create a glaze that is sweet, savory, tangy, and packed with flavor!
- Nutritious – this salmon recipe is full of protein and healthy fats to keep you full and energized.
- SO easy to make – all you need is a few minutes of prep time, and the oven does all the hard work! You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in minutes. Even better, with just two dishes, cleanup is also a breeze.
More Honey Mustard Flavored Recipes
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Honey Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Ham and Cheese Sliders with Hot Honey Mustard
Ingredients and Substitutions
Salmon Filets: you’ll need four salmon filets for this recipe. You can use skin on or off, whatever you prefer will work.
Whole Grain Mustard: a little goes a long way and adds so much great flavor to the glaze. You can use regular Dijon mustard for this recipe if that’s what you have.
Honey: just a touch helps sweeten the glaze, creating the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. Maple syrup will also work if that’s what you prefer.
Lemon Juice: freshly squeezed is best! A must have for any fish recipe!
Minced Garlic: you’ll need one clove of finely minced garlic for this recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Basting Brush
How to Make This Baked Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
Step One: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: Pat the salmon filets dry with clean paper towels. Then, lay them on the prepared baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper.
Step Three: Add the whole grain mustard, honey, lemon juice, and garlic to a small mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are combined and smooth.
Step Four: Use a basting brush to spread the glaze evenly over each piece of salmon.
Step Five: Bake the honey mustard salmon for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets. If you want a little extra color on the salmon, place the fish under a low broil for just a bit. Be careful not to let it burn!
Step Six: Remove the salmon from the oven, garnish with fresh thyme, and enjoy warm!
How Do I Know When My Salmon Is Ready?
The easiest way to know when your salmon is done is by using an instant-read thermometer. Salmon is considered well done when the internal temperature of the thickest part reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, if you like your salmon more medium-rare then you can cook it between 125 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Or, if you prefer your salmon medium, shoot for a range between 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you do not have an instant-read meat thermometer, you can press down on the top of the salmon fillet with your finger or fork. If the salmon easily “flakes” or separates then you know that it is done.
Can I Grill This Recipe?
Yes! To grill this honey mustard salmon recipe, set your grill to a medium-high temperature around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Enclose the salmon filets in a lightly oiled foil packet, and place it on the grate.
Grill the fish covered for about 12 minutes. Then, carefully open the foil, exposing the salmon, and continue to grill for 2 to 3 more minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked.
This baked honey mustard salmon pairs wonderfully with a variety of side dishes. I love to serve it with roasted potatoes or white rice and steamed veggies. However, some other great pairing options include:
- Sheet Pan Harvest Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
Get all of the best healthy salmon recipes, here!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave, a hot skillet with a bit of oil, or on a baking sheet in the oven at 275 degrees.
More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Simple Pan Seared Salmon
- Salmon Burrito Bowls
- Salmon Tacos
- Honey Sriracha Salmon
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Crispy Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Greek Salmon Salad
I hope you give this Honey Mustard Salmon a try! It’s quick, easy, and protein packed! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Honey Mustard Salmon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 – 4 oz salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- white rice, for serving
- fresh thyme, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and lay it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add the whole grain mustard, honey, lemon juice, and garlic to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Use a basting brush to spread the glaze evenly on each salmon filet.
- Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets. If you want a little extra color on the salmon you can place the salmon under a low broil for just a bit.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, garnish with fresh thyme, and serve!
honey mustard salmon, honey mustard salmon recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA