These delicious Brown Butter Roasted Carrots are subtly sweet, have delicious notes of caramel thanks to the brown butter, and could not be easier to make.
Roasted veggies but make them taste delicious! There’s no reason that veggies have to bland or boring and these brown butter roasted carrots are the perfect examples of making veggies actually taste good.
Watch How to Make This Recipe
The carrots are coated in nutty brown butter, fresh herbs, and a little maple syrup before being perfectly roasted. Not only are they delicious, these oven roasted carrots are so easy to make while still be a gorgeous show stopping side dish.
More Roasted Veggie Recipes
The Ingredients You’ll Need for this Roasted Carrots Recipe
Butter: this recipe uses brown butter to add extra flavor and roast the carrots. I like to use a high-quality unsalted butter for the best flavor.
Carrots: I like to use carrots on the smaller side (sometimes called petite carrots) for this dish because they are so pretty.
Maple Syrup: to add a little sweetness and that perfect maple flavor.
Garlic Powder: a touch adds just the right amount of garlic flavor.
Cinnamon: I love to add a little cinnamon to roasted carrots. The combination of cinnamon, maple syrup, and the natural sweetness of the carrots works so well together.
Thyme: for a little fresh herb flavor.
Ingredient Swaps and Addditions
- Maple Syrup – feel free to swap maple syrup for honey if you prefer!
- Carrots – you can use whatever carrots you have on hand. Rainbow carrots would be beautiful in this dish. If you can’t find smaller carrots, feel free to use larger carrots and just cut them in even sized pieces before roasting.
- Butter – the brown butter is delicious but it’s not absolutely necessary to make these carrots. If you need to keep the recipe dairy free you can easily swap the brown butter for olive oil or just use melted vegan butter.
- Nuts – want a little crunch? These carrots would be delicious topped with a few chopped candied pecans!
How to Make Roasted Carrots
Step One: First, you’ll need to make the brown butter for the carrots. Add the diced butter to a small skillet or pot. Heat the skillet to medium heat. The butter will start to melt as the skillet heats up. Allow the butter to bubble and “cook” until it begins to change from a bright yellow color to a golden brown color and brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the skillet or pot. Remove the butter from the heat.
Want a full tutorial on browning butter? Check out our guide on HOW TO MAKE BROWN BUTTER
Step Two: Add the maple syrup, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper to the brown butter.
Step Three: Drizzle the butter over the peeled carrots and toss until the carrots are well coated in the butter mixture.
Step Four: Transfer the carrots to a parchment lined baking sheet and roast the carrots at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Step Five: Once the carrots are finished cooking serve them with a little additional fresh thyme and chopped parsley.
How Long to Roast Carrots
I found that my carrots took around 20-25 minutes to become tender and cooked to my liking. Depending on the size of your carrots, the timing may be end up being a bit less or more.
More Thanksgiving Recipes to Serve
Here are few more of our reader favorite Thanksgiving recipes to add your menu this holiday season:
I hope you give these Brown Butter Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots a try!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 1/2 pound carrots (petite or regular), peeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley for serving
- Add the diced butter to a small skillet or pot. Heat the skillet to medium heat. The butter will start to melt as the skillet heats up. Allow the butter to bubble and “cook” until it begins to change from a bright yellow color to a golden brown color and brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the skillet or pot. Remove the butter from the heat.
- Add the maple syrup, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper to the brown butter.
- Drizzle the butter over the carrots and toss the carrots until well coated.
- Transfer the carrots to a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast the carrots at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Top with additional fresh thyme and chopped parsley before serving.
Keywords: roasted carrots, oven roasted carrots, how long to roast carrots, how to make roasted carrots, roasted carrots recipe
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA