- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 1/2 pound carrots (petite or regular), peeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley for serving
- Add the diced butter to a small skillet or pot. Heat the skillet to medium heat. The butter will start to melt as the skillet heats up. Allow the butter to bubble and “cook” until it begins to change from a bright yellow color to a golden brown color and brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the skillet or pot. Remove the butter from the heat.
- Add the maple syrup, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper to the brown butter.
- Drizzle the butter over the carrots and toss the carrots until well coated.
- Transfer the carrots to a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast the carrots at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Top with additional fresh thyme and chopped parsley before serving.
Keywords: roasted carrots, oven roasted carrots, how long to roast carrots, how to make roasted carrots, roasted carrots recipe