This creamy mixed berry smoothie recipe is filled with delicious mixed berries, tropical pineapple juice, and healthy fats thanks to Greek yogurt. It is smooth, creamy, and a delicious way to start your day!
The Most Delicious Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe
A well-balanced smoothie is one of my favorite quick breakfast options. I love to pack them with fruit, protein, healthy fats, and sometimes greens (like baby spinach) to help me start the day off strong. They are a delicious option when you are short on time but still want to fill your body with plenty of nutrition.
This mixed berry smoothie recipe is a delicious blend of frozen mixed berries and creamy Greek yogurt. It is an absolutely delicious smoothie combo that I know you will love!
Frozen mixed berries: I love buying frozen mixed berries for extra convenience. This recipe has a mix of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. It also makes the whole smoothie-making process much quicker.
Greek yogurt: full-fat Greek yogurt is always my go-to choice when making smoothies. Feel free to use vanilla Greek yogurt if you like!
Pineapple juice: this adds such a delicious tropical flavor to the smoothie.
Orange juice: the combination of pineapple and orange juice works so well. Feel free to use all orange or all pineapple juice if you prefer.
How to Make this Mixed Berry Smoothie
Step One: Start by adding the pineapple juice and orange juice to the bottom of a high-powered blender.
Step Two: Next, add the frozen mixed berries, and Greek yogurt to the blender.
Step Three: Now, add any additional ingredients you would like to include like protein powder.
Step Four: Blend everything for 30 seconds to a minute until the smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries?
To ensure that this smoothie is cold and creamy, you will need to use frozen berries. If you use fresh berries the smoothie will not be as thick and a bit more watery.
Can I Use Milk Instead of Fruit Juice?
Yes. Using milk will change the flavor of the smoothie a bit but feel free to use your favorite liquid of choice. Oat milk, almond milk, or even this HOMEMADE CASHEW MILK would all be a great options.
Can I Make This Smoothie Dairy Free?
If you need to, you can easily leave the yogurt out of this smoothie and it will still be delicious! You could substitute half a ripe banana to add a bit of extra creaminess instead. If you would like to include yogurt but still want to keep this smoothie dairy-free, you can use your favorite dairy-free Greek yogurt.
Ways to Customize
Feel free to get creative and add a few extra boosts to your smoothie. Below are a few of my favorite additions to add to your smoothie:
- protein powder – I love adding in a scoop of my favorite protein powder to make my smoothies more filling.
- ground flax seeds
- collagen powder – this is completely tasteless and a great way to add in a bit of extra nutrition
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- nut butter – if you do choose to use milk, this would be a great addition
How to Meal Prep in Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast time or in the afternoon when you need a quick and filling snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, minus the liquid, into a small freezer safe storage bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
When you are ready to make a smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth and that’s it!
Tips and Tricks for the Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first – adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit – frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice – speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie changes the consistency from creamy to icy and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit – if it’s the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
THE BEST GREEN SMOOTHIE
The Best Mango Smoothie
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
I hope you give this Mixed Berry Smoothie a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 orange juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: mixed berry smoothie, mixed berry smoothie recipe, how to make a mixed berry smoothie