These healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are made with just a few simple ingredients and so easy to make. If you love the classic peanut butter chocolate combo then you’ll love this simple treat!
Why You’ll Love These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- They’re made with just a few simple ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, and chocolate.
- They’re easy to make and come together pretty quickly without much fuss or a ton of different kitchen tools. Plus they’re no bake!
- These peanut butter bars freeze well so you’ll have the perfect tasty treat on hand whenever the craving strikes!
Watch How to Make This Recipe
More Reader Favorite Peanut Butter Recipes
- One Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Banana Coffee Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
- How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Homemade Puppy Chow
Peanut Butter: for the best results you’ll want to go with a creamy, all-natural, and “drippy” peanut butter. Look for one that only as one or two ingredients.
Almond Flour: traditionally, peanut butter bars are made with graham crackers but to keep these bars gluten and grain free were using blanched almond flour for the peanut butter base.
Maple Syrup: this adds just the right touch of sweetness to the bars.
Vanilla Extract: a bit of vanilla extract gives these bars the best flavor.
Dark Chocolate: the combination of dark chocolate and peanut butter is the BEST. You’ll need a little over a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
Coconut Oil: a little bit of coconut oil helps to the chocolate layer to “set up” when chilled.
Sea Salt: last but certainly not least you’ll need a bit of sea salt for the peanut butter layer as well as flaky sea salt to top the bars right before serving.
- Peanut Butter – can’t use peanut butter? try using another all natural, creamy nut butter instead. Almond butter or cashew butter should both work well.
- Maple Syrup – swap the maple syrup for honey if you prefer.
- Almond Flour – I haven’t tried it but you could likely swap the almond flour for oat flour if needed.
- Dark Chocolate – don’t love dark chocolate? swap it for milk chocolate if you prefer. If you need to ensure that these bars are dairy free then be sure to choose chocolate chips that don’t contain any dairy.
- Coconut Oil – if you need to, you can leave out the coconut oil in the chocolate layer.
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Bars
Step One: Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. This is what you’ll use to form the bars.
Step Two: Make the PB layer! Add the peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix together until well combined. Press the peanut butter layer into the prepared loaf pan.
Step Three: Make the chocolate layer! Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 15 to 30 second intervals at a time until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Stir after every interval.
Step Four: Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the peanut butter layer. Then, place the bars in the fridge to chill and firm up for at least 2 hours.
Step Five: Once the bars have chilled and are firm, remove them from the loaf pan (using the parchment paper as a sling) and slice them evenly into 14 bars. Top with flaky sea salt before serving and enjoy!
How to Store
Fridge: place the bars in a storage bar or container and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Freeze: transfer the bars to a freezer safe storage bag and store for up to 3 months.
More No Bake Desserts You’ll Love
- No Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
I hope you give these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars a try! They are so easy to make and the perfect peanut butter and chocolate treat! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Fridge Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Treats
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup creamy all natural drippy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make the peanut butter layer: Add the peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix together until well combined.
- Press the peanut butter layer into the prepared loaf pan.
- Make the chocolate layer: Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 15 to 30 second intervals at a time until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Stir after every interval.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the peanut butter layer. Then, place the bars in the fridge to chill and firm up for at least 2 hours.
- Once the bars have chilled and are firm, remove them from the loaf pan (using the parchment paper as a sling) and slice them evenly into 12-14 bars. Top with flaky sea salt before serving and enjoy!
no bake peanut butter bars, healthy peanut butter bars, no bake chocolate peanut butter bars
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Cambrea Bakes