Healthy chocolate cherry energy bites made with creamy cashew butter, dark chocolate chips, and sweet dried cherries. These no bake energy bites are the perfect snack or healthier sweet treat.
No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Chocolate and cherries!! Is there a better combination?! One of my all-time favorite granolas has dark chocolate chunks and dried cherries and it is divine. There is just something about the flavor of slightly bitter dark chocolate and sweet dried cherries that works so well together. I cannot get enough.
These healthy no bake chocolate cherry energy bites combine chocolate and cherries in the perfect little sweet treat or snack. They’re made with creamy cashew butter and packed with whole grains from gluten free old-fashioned oats. To add an extra punch of nutrition, chia seeds and ground flax seed are also added to the mix.
These energy bites are perfect to make and freeze in advance for your weekly meal prep or take them as an energy-packed snack on hikes and a great way to refuel post-workout. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan friendly.
The Tools You’ll Need:
Energy Bite Ingredients
These healthy bites are made with simple real food ingredients that pack in plenty of nutrients to give you a boost of energy and keep you feeling good!
Cashew Butter: Cashew butter provides the perfect base for these healthy energy bites. Almond butter would also work well!
Gluten Free Rolled Oats: Be sure to use certified gluten free oats to keep these energy bites gluten free.
Maple Syrup or Honey: To add a little sweetness to the mix, use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup. You could also use honey if you prefer.
Flax Seed and Chia Seeds: These both add a little extra nutrition to the energy bites.
Dried Cherries: Chocolate and cherries are a match made in heaven.
Coconut: The flavor of coconut pairs really well with the other ingredients in these bites. Feel free to leave it out if you do not like coconut.
Vanilla Extract: Adds a little vanilla flavor.
Mini Dark Chocolate Chips: The best part! Dark chocolate is sweet but also just a little bitter which works to balance out the sweet in these bites.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Step One: Add the cashew butter, maple syrup, gluten free oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and shredded coconut to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until a sticky “dough” forms.
Step Two: Next, add the dried cherries and dark chocolate chips to the food processor and pulse until they are well combined.
Step Three: Place the energy bite “dough” in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill. This will make the energy bites easier to scoop and roll.
Step Four: Once the dough has chilled, use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the energy bite dough and roll it into balls. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top of the bites (if that’s your thing) and enjoy!
How to Store Energy Bites
These cherry chocolate chip energy bites are made with real food ingredients and don’t have any preservatives, you’ll need to store them in the refrigerator or freezer to ensure that they stay fresh. My preferred method of storing these energy bites is in the freezer. The bites freeze really well and stay fresh when placed freezer safe storage container or bag. One of my favorite ways to eat them is straight out of the freezer.
To freeze the bites, place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and then place the sheet pan in the freezer. Once each individual bite is frozen solid, transfer them to a freezer safe storage bag or container. When you are ready to eat, grab a bite and let it thaw for just a few minutes before digging in.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Energy Bites
- If you need to ensure that these bites are gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten free rolled oats.
- Feel free to get creative and add more of your favorite mix-ins to these bites. Things like sliced almonds or hemp hearts be great options!
- Want to up the protein content? You can add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla, chocolate, or plain would work best) or collagen protein powder.
- Always feel free to leave out an ingredient if you have an allergy or do not love it. For example, if you are allergic to coconut, you can always leave it out and add a little more oats to stand in its place.
- Switch up the chocolate! Don’t like dark chocolate? Use milk chocolate instead. Don’t have mini chocolate chips? Use chunks! If you need to keep this recipe dairy-free, be sure to grab a variety of chocolate that is completely dairy free.
- If you have a cashew allergy or just do not like cashew butter, feel free to use another nut butter. Almond butter or sunflower seed butter would all work really well in this recipe. Whichever nut or seed butter you choose to go with, just make sure that it does not have any added sugars or preservatives.
More Delicious Energy Bite Recipes to Love
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Sea Salt Tahini Energy Bites
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
Healthy, No Bake Snickerdoodle Energy Bites
Sea Salt Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Add the cashew butter, maple syrup or honey, oats, flax seed, shredded coconut, sea salt, and chia seeds to a food processor and pulse just until well combined and a sticky “dough” has formed.
- Add the mini dark chocolate chips and dried cherries to the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Place the dough into the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the energy bite dough. Use your hands to roll each scoop of dough into a ball and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top of the bites and place them back in the fridge to chill.
- Once the bites have chilled and become firm enjoy immediately or transfer them to a storage container. Store the energy bites in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Keywords: gluten free energy bites, chocolate cherry energy bites, energy bites, cherry energy bites