This lemon garlic tahini sauce is so creamy, delicious, and completely vegan. It makes a great dip for veggies, a dressing for salads, and a yummy sauce for bowls.
Simple and Easy Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce
This simple lemon garlic tahini sauce is one of my go-to condiments to keep in my fridge. It’s so easy to make, full of flavor, and a versatile sauce that can be used with veggies, on salads, or as a dressing for your favorite grain bowls.
I love to drizzle a bit on my Greek meatballs and pairs perfectly with roasted cauliflower. If you have never tried tahini before then this is the perfect recipe to try. I know you will love it!
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
Tahini: The base of this sauce is tahini. Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds and if you’ve never given it a try I highly suggest you do.
Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are always best in this recipe but if you don’t have any on hand, pre-minced garlic will also work.
Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice really brightens up the sauce and adds the most delicious flavor.
- Fresh Herbs – sprinkle a bit of parsley on top or add some to the sauce itself. A bit of fresh mint, chives, cilantro, or fresh dill would also be great.
- Citrus – if you are adding a bit of cilantro to the sauce you can swap the lemon juice for lime juice instead. Adding a bit of lemon zest or lime zest is also a great option.
- Green Onion – try adding some finely sliced scallion or green onion to the sauce.
How to Make the Best Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce
Step One: Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and water to a small mixing bowl.
Step Two: Use a whisk to stir together all of the ingredients until well combined and creamy.
Step Three: Give the sauce a taste and add more salt or lemon juice to your liking. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for the Creamiest Sauce
- Give the tahini a stir in the jar if a layer of oil has risen to the top. Natural nut and seed butters tend to separate in the pantry so you’ll want to make sure the tahini is well mixed before using.
- Be sure to grate or press the garlic so that it is nice and fine before adding it to the mixing bowl. This will ensure you have a relatively smooth sauce and don’t end up with huge chunks of garlic.
- Use a citrus juicer for your lemon juice so there are no lemon seeds in the sauce.
- Add a little more lemon juice or water to thin the sauce to your liking. If it’s too thick I like to start by adding half a tablespoon of liquid at a time until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
How to Use
One thing I love about this tahini sauce is how versatile it is. You can use it several different delicious ways and in a few different recipes. Here are some suggestions for how to use the tahini sauce:
More Delicious Sauces and Dips
spicy lime tahini sauce
easy homemade tzatziki sauce
homemade honey mustard
homemade basil pesto
I hope you give this Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce a try! It’s so easy to make and a versatile sauce to have on hand.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 1 cup tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water, plus more as need
- Parsley, for garnish
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and water to a small mixing bowl and stir together until well combined and creamy.
Keywords: lemon garlic tahini sauce, lemon garlic tahini, tahini sauce, tahini
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA