This spicy lime tahini sauce is so creamy, delicious, and completely vegan. It makes a great dip for veggies, a sauce for tacos, a dressing for salads, and a yummy sauce for bowls.
The Most Delicious Spicy Lime Tahini Sauce
Salad season is finally here which means it’s time bring on all of the creamy, flavor-filled, delicious dressings and sauces. When the weather starts to warm up, there is nothing better than a crisp fresh salad drizzled with a creamy dressing to just tie everything together. The bonus is when the dressing can also double as a dip or sauce for veggies or smoky grilled meats. So delicious!
This dressing is so good that you might think it’s a bit complicated to make, but, thankfully, it couldn’t be easier. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a food processor or blender to whip this up.
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
Tahini: The base of this sauce is tahini. Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds and if you’ve never given it a try I highly suggest you do.
Olive Oil: This helps to give the sauce the perfect creamy texture without any dairy.
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo: These give the sauce its robust flavor. They are packed with flavor and spice.
Green Onion & Cilantro: A combination of fresh cilantro and green onion also help to give the tahini sauce it’s delicious flavor.
Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are always best in this recipe but if you don’t have any on hand, pre-minced garlic will also work.
Fresh Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice really brightens up the sauce.
How to Make Spicy Lime Tahini Sauce
Making this recipe could not be more simple. All you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender or processor. Then, blend, or process, everything until perfectly smooth and creamy.
How to Use
One thing I love about this tahini sauce is how versatile it is. You can use it several different delicious ways and in a few different recipes. Here are some suggestions for how to use the tahini sauce:
- use it as dip for fresh veggies
- drizzle it over these honey chipotle chicken bowls
- add it to your favorite salad
- as a topping for these roasted cauliflower tacos
How to Store
Store this tahini sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge for seven to 10 days.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Tahini Sauce
- If your sauce is a bit thicker than you would like, you can easily thin it out with a little bit more water or lime juice.
- Tahini can thicken a bit in the fridge. I suggest removing it from the fridge for a bit before using or you can add a little water to thin out the sauce before using.
- This tahini sauce has a little kick, thanks to the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you want to the sauce to be a bit less spicy, feel free to use only one or two peppers instead of three.
More Delicious Sauces and Dressings for You to Love
I hope you give this Spicy Lime Tahini Sauce a try! It’s the perfect sauce to use on tacos, in salads, or even as a dip.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPAPrint
Spicy Lime Tahini Dressing (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Condiments
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a week. Enjoy!
tahini sauce, chipotle tahini sauce, spicy lime tahini sauce