A delicious gingerbread latte made with plenty or warming and flavorful spices, creamy frothed milk, and just the right touch of sweetness from pure maple syrup and molasses. If you have been missing your coffee shop gingerbread latter, or want a healthier version of your favorite, this easy and delicious recipe is for you.
Tis the season for all the warm, cozy, and delicious holiday drinks! Could we drink pumpkin spice lattes all year long? Sure! But what fun would that be. There’s something about sipping on your favorite seasonal latte that extra special this time of year and I won’t be trying to fight it anytime soon.
This homemade gingerbread latte is made with simple real food ingredients for a delicious and cozy spiced beverage that I know you will enjoy!
The Best Homemade Gingerbread Latte Recipe
The Ingredients You Need for This Cozy Dairy-Free Latte
- Espresso or Strong Coffee – If you have an espresso machine or Nespresso 2 shots of your favorite espresso will do the drink or you can make half a cup of strong coffee.
- Maple syrup – to add a little extra sweetness. Fee free to adjust the amount based on your tastebuds.
- Molasses – classic gingerbread always includes molasses so it is a must-have in this recipe that adds sweetness and flavor.
- Spices – this latte uses a combination of spices used in classic gingerbread to give it that perfect gingerbread flavor. Warming spices like cinnamon, clove, and of course ginger are all used.
- Oat milk – my milk of choice for lattes is always oat milk. It is such a creamy non-dairy milk that works really well in lattes. Of course, you can use whatever non-dairy milk you love.
How to Make a Gingerbread Latte
Making this homemade gingerbread latte is simple and easy. There are two ways you can whip up this drink. The first one involves small sauce pan, a whisk, and just a few minutes to heat everything up. If you have a milk frother, the second option will give you that more classic coffee shop look and feel. Both options will give you delicious results!
Option One: Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat. Once the mixture is heated through, pour it into your favorite mug, top with whipped cream and a little more cinnamon, and enjoy!
Option Two: Combine all of the ingredients, except the milk, in a small saucepan. Whisk everything together and heat over medium heat. While the coffee mixture is heating, add the milk to a milk frother and froth. Once hot, pour the coffee mixture into your mug and then pour the warmed frothed milk overtop. Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Latte
- As always, feel free to adjust the level of sweetness in this latte to your liking. The great thing about making your favorite coffee shop drinks at home is that you can customize them.
- If you do not have a milk frother but still want that frothy coffee shop vibe, feel free to follow option one and then transfer the warmed mixture to a high powered blender. Blend for thirty seconds and then transfer to a mug.
- If you don’t need to keep this recipe dairy-free, feel free to use your favorite dairy milk of choice.
More Seasonal Favorites to Love
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Coffee
Snickerdoodle Energy Bites
I hope you give this Homemade Gingerbread Latte a try! It’s the perfect warm and cozy seasonal drink!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on Instagram. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon cloves*
- ½ tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 2 shots of espresso or ½ cup strongly brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Option One: Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat. Once the mixture is heated through, pour it into your favorite mug, top with whipped cream and a little more cinnamon, and enjoy!
- Option Two: Combine all of the ingredients, except the milk, in a small saucepan. Whisk everything together and heat over medium heat. While the coffee mixture is heating, add the milk to a milk frother and froth. Once hot, pour the coffee mixture into your mug and then pour the warmed frothed milk overtop. Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, and enjoy!
The flavor of nutmeg and clove can be a little too strong for people, so feel free to just use a pinch of those spices if you prefer!
Keywords: gingerbread latte, homemade gingerbread latte, dairy free gingerbread latte, paleo gingerbread latte