This homemade peppermint mocha is the perfect drink to cozy up to during the cold winter season. Made with real food ingredients like cocoa powder and oat milk, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, this delicious homemade latte is sure to be your new favorite.
The Perfect Cozy and Delicious Seasonal Drink: Homemade Peppermint Mocha Latte
Nothing screams winter or the holiday season more than a peppermint mocha! The combination of peppermint and chocolate is such a classic (hello, mint chocolate chip!) and it tastes absolutely delicious in a latte.
While most coffee shop lattes are made with a ton of refined sugar, syrups, and less than good for you ingredients, this homemade peppermint mocha is not. This homemade version uses a combination of real food ingredients to give you that delicious peppermint mocha flavor while also leaving you feeling great!
Watch How to make This Dairy Free Peppermint Mocha Recipe
Easy Peppermint Mocha Recipe Ingredients
Strong Coffee or Espresso: if you have an espresso machine, 2 shots of your favorite espresso will do the trick or you can make half a cup of strong coffee.
Cocoa Powder: use unsweetened cocoa powder for that delicious rich chocolate flavor.
Peppermint Extract: this adds that delicious minty peppermint flavor to the latte. A little goes a long way!
Vanilla Extract: to round everything out and add delicious vanilla flavor.
Maple Syrup or Honey: to add a little extra sweetness. Fee free to adjust the amount based on your tastebuds.
Oat Milk: my milk of choice for lattes is always oat milk. It is such a creamy non-dairy milk that works really well in lattes. Of course, you can use whatever non-dairy milk you love. Almond milk would be a great choice!
How to Make a Homemade Peppermint Mocha
Making this homemade peppermint mocha is simple and easy. There are two ways you make this drink. The first one involves small sauce pan, a whisk, and just a few minutes to heat everything up. If you have a milk frother, the second option will give you that classic coffee shop look with foamed milk on top. Either way, both options will give you delicious results!
Option One: Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat. Once the mixture is heated through, pour it into your favorite mug, top with whipped cream (use dairy-free if you need), a little more cocoa powder, and enjoy!
Option Two: Combine all of the ingredients, except the oat milk, in a small saucepan. Whisk everything together and heat over medium heat. While the coffee mixture is heated, add the oat milk to a milk frother and froth. Once hot, pour the coffee mixture into your mug and then pour the warmed frothed milk overtop. Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- As always, feel free to adjust the level of sweetness in this latte to your liking. The great thing about making your favorite coffee shop drinks at home is that you can customize them to
- If you do not have a milk frother but still want that frothy coffee shop vibe, feel free to follow option one and then transfer the warmed mixture to a high powered blender. Blend for thirty seconds and then transfer to a mug.
- If you don’t need to keep this recipe dairy-free, feel free to use your favorite dairy milk of choice.
- For the ultimate topping, add a few crushed peppermint candy pieces to the top of your latte.
More Delicious Recipes
I hope you give this Homemade Peppermint Mochaa try! It’s the perfect cozy and delicious drink to sip on all season long.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on Instagram. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Homemade Peppermint Mocha
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ cup strong coffee or 2 shots of espresso
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ¾ cup oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Option One: Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat. Once the mixture is heated through, pour it into your favorite mug, top with whipped cream and a little more cocoa powder, and enjoy!
- Option Two: Combine all of the ingredients, except the milk, in a small saucepan. Whisk everything together and heat over medium heat. While the coffee mixture is heated, add the milk to a milk frother and froth. Once hot, pour the coffee mixture into your mug and then pour the warmed frothed milk overtop. Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and enjoy!
dairy free peppermint mocha, peppermint mocha, vegan peppermint mocha, paleo peppermint mocha
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA