Monster cookie energy bites packed with gluten free oats, shredded coconut, honey, pumpkin seeds, and all natural creamy peanut butter. These energy bites are perfect for a quick snack or an after dinner treat. They are gluten free, vegan, and so easy to make!
The Perfect Snack or Treat: Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Cookies are great but I mean cookie “dough”? Have you had it? …THE BEST. I’m almost positive that I might love cookie dough just as much, if not more than, actual baked cookies. Anyone else?
Thankfully these Monster Chip Energy Bites are here to satisfy your cookie dough and energy bite craving all in one! They give you all of the peanut buttery chocolate goodness that you love about monster chip cookies, but in a bite size cookie dough ball that you can feel really great about eating.
These energy bites are packed with good for you ingredients like chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and shredded coconut. They’re also naturally sweetened with a touch of pure maple syrup or honey (you choose!) instead of refined sugar. Not only are they delicious, these bites are so easy to make. They’re perfect recipe to make with kids!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can easily be made vegan if you choose to use maple syrup instead of honey. You can make a batch to take on your next road trip or picnic or just keep a few in the fridge when you need a quick snack. Keep reading to learn how to make these healthy little bites.
The Tools You’ll Need:
Monster Cookie Energy Bite Ingredients
Peanut Butter: Traditional monster chip cookies are made with peanut butter and the base of these bites is creamy peanut butter as well. When buying a peanut butter to use in this recipe, look for one that is made without any added sweeteners or preservatives. The only ingredient on the label should be peanuts.
Gluten Free Rolled Oats: These help to bind everything together for the perfect cookie dough like texture. Be sure to use gluten free old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe and not quick oats.
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are packed with healthy fats and add a little extra texture and crunch to these bites.
Pumpkin Seeds: Raw pumpkin seeds, also called pepitas, add even more great texture and crunch.
Shredded Coconut: Look for a finely shredded coconut that is unsweetened.
Honey or Maple Syrup: A touch of honey, or maple syrup if you need to make these vegan, adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Dark Chocolate Chips: You can’t have monster chip cookies without chocolate chips! Dark chocolate chips give these bites the perfect balance of sweet and bitter, but, if you do not like dark chocolate, you can use milk chocolate chips instead.
Chocolate Candies: The hallmark of any monster chip cookies are the chocolate candies! I love using these naturally colored chocolate candies that use a bit less sugar than traditional candies.
How to Make Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Step One: Add the peanut butter, honey, oats, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, chia seeds, sea salt, dark chocolate chips, and chocolate candies to a large mixing bowl.
Step Two: Use a wooden spoon or non-stick spatula to stir the ingredients together until well combined and a sticky “dough” has formed.
Step Three: Place the mixing bowl in the fridge and let the dough chill for 15-20 minutes.
Step Four: Lastly, use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the energy bite dough. Use your hands to roll each scoop of dough into a ball and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top of the bites and enjoy!
How Store Energy Bites
Because these energy bites are made with only real food ingredients and don’t have any preservatives, you’ll need to store them in the refrigerator or freezer to ensure that they stay fresh.
My preferred method of storing these bites is in the freezer. They freeze incredibly well in a freezer safe storage container or bag and taste incredible straight out the freezer. To freeze the bites, place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and then place the sheet pan in the freezer. Once each individual bite is frozen solid, transfer them to a freezer safe storage bag or container. When you are ready to eat, grab a bite and let it thaw for just a few minutes before digging in.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Energy Bites
- If you are particularly concerned about your bites being gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten free rolled oats.
- Feel free to add more of your favorite mix-ins to make this recipe your own! Things like dried fruit, sliced almonds, or ground flax seed would all be great options!
- Want to up the protein content? You can add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla, chocolate, or plain would work best) or collagen protein powder.
- You can also feel free to leave out an ingredient if you have an allergy or do not love it. For example, if you are allergic to coconut, you can always leave it out and add a little more oats, pumpkin seeds, or 1/4 a cup of your personal favorite mix-in to stand in it’s place.
- Switch up the chocolate! Don’t like dark chocolate? Use milk chocolate instead. Don’t have mini chocolate chips? Use chunks! If you need to keep this recipe dairy-free, be sure to grab a variety of chocolate that is completely dairy free.
- If you have a peanut allergy, or just do not love the flavor of peanut butter, feel free to use another nut butter. Cashew butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter would all work really well in this recipe. Whichever nut or seed butter you choose to go with, just make sure that it does not have any added sugars or preservatives.
More Delicious Energy Bites to Love
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
Carr0t Cake Energy Bites
Healthy No Bake Snickerdoodle Energy Bites
Sea Salt Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Add the peanut butter, honey, oats, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, sea salt, chia seeds, dark chocolate chips, and chocolate candies to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined and a sticky “dough” has formed.
- Place the dough into the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the energy bite dough. Use your hands to roll each scoop of dough into a ball and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top of the bites and enjoy!
Keywords: monster chip cookies, monster chip energy bites, monster cookies, monster cookie energy bites, energy bites