Cookie Dough Energy Bites are so easy and the perfect treat or after school snack! They’re made with simple ingredients like almond butter and gluten-free oats and sweetened with your choice of honey or maple syrup!
Cookie Dough Energy Bites – The Perfect Snack
Do you need healthy snacks? Don’t worry, I’ll answer for you – YES, you definitely do and I have the perfect recipe for you!
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites are the perfect blend of creamy nut butter, chocolate chips, whole grain oats, and pure maple syrup. They are absolutely delicious and every time I make them I’m like, “dang, those are SO good, I should make these more!”
Do yourself a favor and make a batch of these healthy little bites as soon as possible. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bite Ingredients
Gluten Free Rolled Oats: If you have celiacs or a gluten insensitivity of any kind, be sure to grab certified gluten free rolled oats.
Cashew Butter: This nut butter has a milder flavor that tastes a lot like the batter of cookie dough which makes it the perfect base for these energy bites.
Sweetener: For best results, use a liquid sweetener for this bites like maple syrup or honey.
Coconut: Flaked coconut adds some additional healthy fats, flavor, and delicious texture.
Chia Seeds: These little seeds are packed with healthy omega-3s and fiber.
Vanilla Extract: A little goes a long way to add some delicious vanilla flavor to the bites.
Chocolate Chips: You can’t have cookie dough bites with a healthy dose of chocolate chips. I love using dark chocolate chips but you could use milk chocolate or semi-sweet if you prefer.
How to Make Energy Bites
These chocolate chip cookie dough energy bites are so simple to make and come together in just a few steps!
Step One: First, add the cashew butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Step Two: Next, add the gluten free rolled oats, coconut, chia seeds, and dark chocolate chips. Stir until everything is well combined and has a dough like consistency.
Step Three: Place the dough in fridge for ten to fifteen minutes and allow it to chill for a bit.
Step Four: Next, remove the dough from the fridge and use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the dough and then roll it into balls. Enjoy!
Can I Add Protein Powder?
Yes! If you would like to pack a little extra protein to these bites, feel free to add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to these bites. I would recommend using an unflavored protein or a vanilla flavor for the best results.
Storing Energy Bites
You can store these bites in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week. My favorite way to store them, however, is in the freezer! They are absolutely delicious frozen. Just place them in a freezer safe storage bag or container.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- Be sure to grab old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe and not quick oats.
- You can leave out the chocolate chips if you like for a chocolate free energy bites. You can also use mini chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Don’t love coconut? Feel free to leave it out. If your dough is a little too sticky without the coconut you can add in a few extra oats.
- Feel free to switch up the nut butter if you like! Peanut butter or almond butter will also work well in this recipe.
Reader Favorite Energy Bite Recipes
Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Sea Salt Tahini Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
Healthy, No Bake Snickerdoodle Energy Balls
I hope you give these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites a try! They are so easy to make and a delicious healthier treat.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA
- 1 cup creamy all-natural cashew or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (I used this kind)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a large mixing bowl combine the nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and chia seeds and mix until well combined and it resembles cookie dough.
- Place the “dough” in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to chill.
- Once the mix has chilled, take it out of the fridge and use a tablespoon measure to scoop the dough and then form it into small balls by rolling them in between your hands.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.