This creamy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad turns everyone’s favorite Caesar salad into a creamy and delicious pasta salad that you will love! This pasta salad is full of protein, veggies, and a flavorful Caesar dressing that’s so easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- It’s quick – this chicken caesar pasta salad comes together in thirty minutes or less!
- It’s full of protein – thanks to the addition of boneless skinless chicken breast this pasta salad is packed with protein making it a delicious full meal.
- It’s easy to make – seriously, this pasta salad couldn’t be easier to make! just cook your chicken, boil your pasta, make the dressing and combine!
Pasta Salad Ingredients
Chicken: you’ll need one pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast for this recipe. To ensure that the chicken cooks evenly (and quickly!) split the chicken breast in half lengthwise before seasoning and cooking.
Pasta: you can use whatever kind of pasta you prefer in this recipe. I love using whole wheat but you could also use gluten free, chickpea, or traditional pasta.
Veggies: this recipe uses a combination of cherry tomatoes, English cucumber, and romaine lettuce.
Parmesan Cheese: like any good Caesar salad there is plenty of parmesan cheese in this pasta salad.
Creamy Caesar Dressing
We’re making a creamy and delicious homemade caesar dressing for this pasta salad that coats all of the pasta and veggies. This caesar dressing is incredibly versatile and you can easily use it as a dressing for a regular Caesar salad! Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Coconut aminos
- Grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pasta – you can use your favorite gluten free pasta if needed to keep this recipe gluten free.
- Coconut aminos – don’t have coconut aminos? you can swap them for Worcestershire sauce.
- Greek Yogurt – if you would like to keep this recipe dairy free then you can swap the Greek yogurt for your favorite dairy free plain greek yogurt or just use mayo instead.
- Mayo – don’t love mayo? leave it out and just use equal parts Greek yogurt instead.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
LARGE POT – to boil your pasta water and cook your noodles.
COLANDER – this is the easiest way to drain and rinse your pasta.
SHARP KNIFE – for all of the veggie and fresh herb chopping.
CUTTING BOARD – this is my favorite cutting board to use when I need to chop fresh veggies.
MEASURING CUPS & MEASURING SPOONS – to get the perfect measurements for your pasta salad and dressing.
How to Make Caesar Pasta Chicken Salad
Step One: Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and then add the chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Step Two: Add the dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
Step Three: Add the chicken and pasta salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and then toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Perfect Caesar Pasta Salad
- Don’t over cook your pasta. Cook the pasta al dente so that it still has a bit of bite and holds up to the dressing.
- Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water to remove any excess starch before adding it to your mixing bowl.
- Salt your water while cooking the pasta to ensure that it has plenty of flavor.
- Feel free to get creative and add other veggies to this pasta salad that you love. Chopped zucchini, yellow squash, and red onion would all be delicious.
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
Tuna Pasta Salad
Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad
BLT Pasta Salad
Italian Pasta Salad
Taco Pasta Salad
I hope you give this Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad a try! It’s delicious, flavorful, and so easy to make!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (split in half lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Pasta Salad
- 2 1/2 cups dry pasta (rotini)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 small cloves garlic or 1 large clove, finely minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Cook the Chicken: Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and then add the chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Make the Dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Assemble the Pasta Salad: Add the chicken and pasta salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and then toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken caesar pasta salad, caesar pasta chicken salad