These Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings are perfectly crispy, sticky, and deliciously sweet.
The Best Sweet and Sticky Wings
Hot and crispy wings are absolutely undefeated. I have several WING RECIPES on All the Healthy Things and they’re all delicious but if you’re looking for one that is sweet and sticky then this recipe is for you!
The wings are baked, not fried, which is actually my personal preference and then tossed in a delicious pineapple sweet and sticky sauce that I know you’ll love.
If you have ever wanted to get restaurant quality (or honestly better) wings at home then you need this recipe. It’s surprisingly simple and the wings come out perfectly crispy every time.
Ingredients You Need
Split Chicken Wings: you’ll need “party” wings for this recipe that have been patted dry.
BAKING POWDER: I’ve made this recipe both with and without baking powder and both versions came out great! However, I do find that the baking powder helps to give the wings an even crispier texture.
Spices: the wings themselves will be seasoned with a bit of salt and garlic powder before baking.
Coconut Aminos: coconut aminos are often used as a replacement for soy sauce. They have a similar flavor but are not as salty and a bit sweet. For this particular recipe, don’t swap soy sauce for the coconut aminos as it will make the wings too salty.
Pineapple Juice: to give the wings that delicious sweet and sticky flavor we’re using pineapple juice.
Fresh Ginger: these give the wings a bit of fresh ginger flavor.
Arrowroot Starch: to thicken the sauce a bit this recipe uses arrowroot starch.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Sweet and Sticky Wings
Step One: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step Two: Pat the chicken wings dry and then toss them in the oil, salt, garlic powder, and baking powder.
Step Three: Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the wings for 45-50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step Four: While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for 2-4 minutes until it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
Step Five: Once the wings have finished cooking, transfer them to a heat safe bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings in the sauce until well coated.
Step Six: Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and enjoy!
Air Fryer Sticky Chicken Wings
Step One: Pat the wings dry and then toss with oil, salt, spices, and baking powder. Transfer the wings to the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Give the wings a shake or flip them halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
Step Two: While the wings are cooking make the sweet and sticky sauce. Once the wings have finished cooking, toss them in the the sauce, top with green onion, and serve!
Air Fryer Method Notes
- Make multiple batches – Depending on the size of your air fryer and the amount of chicken you are cooking, you may need to cook the wings in two batches instead of one.
- Use less oil – If you are trying to cut down on the amount of oil you are using, you can use a half a tablespoon of oil for this recipe instead of the full tablespoon.
The Best Ways to Reheat
- Air Fryer: If you have an air fryer, you can easily pop a few wings back into the air fryer to reheat. If your air fryer has a ‘reheat’ function you can use that or just air fry them again at 400 degrees for a few minutes until heated through.
- Oven: Another great way to reheat buffalo wings is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees then place the wings on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Pop them in the oven and heat for a few minutes until hot and crispy.
More Delicious Chicken Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- CRISPY BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
- BAKED LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS
- CRISPY BAKED RANCH CHICKEN WINGS
- BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN WINGS
I hope you give these Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings a try! They are easy to make and packed with flavor!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.Print
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 2 pounds split chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- sliced green onions, for serving
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and then toss them in the oil, salt, garlic powder, and baking powder.
- Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the wings for 45-50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for 2-4 minutes until it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Once the wings have finished cooking, transfer them to a heat safe bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings in the sauce until well coated.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and enjoy!
sticky chicken wings, sticky chicken wings recipe, how to make sticky chicken wings