- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 2 pounds split chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- sliced green onions, for serving
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and then toss them in the oil, salt, garlic powder, and baking powder.
- Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the wings for 45-50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for 2-4 minutes until it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Once the wings have finished cooking, transfer them to a heat safe bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings in the sauce until well coated.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and enjoy!
Keywords: sticky chicken wings, sticky chicken wings recipe, how to make sticky chicken wings