This refreshing Strawberry Basil Lemonade is the perfect drink on a hot day. Made with juicy fresh strawberries, tart lemon juice, and herby basil, it has a delicious unique flavor. Plus, this lemonade is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. You’ll want to sip on it all season long!
The Most Refreshing Summer Drink: Strawberry Basil Lemonade
There is nothing like an ice cold drink on a hot summer day! Personally, I am a huge fan of all kinds of lemonades and this strawberry basil lemonade is next level.
This drink combines juicy ripe strawberries, fresh lemon juice, and basil for a delicious and unique flavor that you will not be able to get enough of. I know you’ll love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Strawberries: if you have access to fresh ripe strawberries, please use them! They make this strawberry lemonade even more delicious.
Lemon Juice: for the best results use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Fresh Basil: you may be a little unsure about the addition of fresh basil but trust me on this – it is delicious.
Maple Syrup: this lemonade is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. If you prefer the taste, you could use honey instead.
How to Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade From Scratch
Step One: Add the maple syrup, half a cup of water, strawberries, lemon juice, and basil to a high-powered blender.
Step Two: Blend the strawberry mixture until smooth. Use fine mesh strainer to strain any seeds from the strawberry mixture.
Step Three: Pour the strawberry mixture into a large mixture and then add two cups of filtered water. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill until you are ready to serve.
Step Four: When you are ready, pour the lemonade over ice and serve with fresh lemon slices and extra basil.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes! If you do not have fresh strawberries, feel free to use frozen. You will need to let them thaw completely before using.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Lemonade
- Make it sweeter – if you want your lemonade to be on the sweeter side, feel free to add more maple syrup until it is the perfect sweetness.
- Make it more tart – like your lemonade on the tarter side? Add a little extra lemon juice.
- Add more basil flavor – if you love the flavor of fresh basil, feel free to add in a few extra basil leaves.
How to Store
Store your strawberry basil lemonade in an air-tight container in the fridge. You may need to stir or shake the lemonade a bit before serving if any of the fresh fruit has settled at the bottom of the container.
More Refreshing Drinks You’ll LovePrint
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 pound strawberries, tops removed and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Add the maple syrup, 1/2 cup of water, strawberries, lemon juice, and basil to a high-powered blender.
- Blend the strawberry mixture until smooth. Use fine mesh strainer to strain any seeds from the strawberry mixture.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a large mixture and then add two cups of filtered water. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill until you are ready to serve.
- When ready, pour over ice and serve with fresh lemon slices and a fresh basil garnish.
- Add more lemon juice to make the lemonade more tart or more maple syrup to make the lemonade sweeter.
- Stir the lemonade before serving if it has settled.
strawberry basil lemonade, strawberry lemonade, strawberry and basil lemonade