This Cucumber Watermelon Mojito Mocktail is both refreshing and just the right amount of sweet. Made with fresh watermelon, refreshing cucumber, tart lime juice, and plenty of mint, this non-alcoholic drink is equal parts easy and delicious.
The Most Refreshing Watermelon Cucumber Mojito
Is there anything better than a cold refreshing drink on a hot day? This refreshing watermelon cucumber mojito is the perfect combination of fresh cucumber, watermelon, mint, and lime juice. To keep things completely alcohol free this drink uses only sparkling water for a drink that everyone can enjoy.
Not only is this drink delicious, it is also Paleo-friendly and made without any refined sugar. It’ll leave you feeling refreshed, hydrated, and ready for another glass!
More Reader Favorite Mocktails to Enjoy
Cucumber Watermelon Mojito Mocktail Ingredients
This cucumber watermelon mojito mocktail is made with just a few easy to find, real food ingredients. The base is a combination of watermelon and cucumber for an extra refreshing drink.
Fresh Watermelon: Is there anything better than a cold, sweet, refreshing watermelon?
Cucumber: Cucumber adds such a refreshing element to this drink that you will love.
Lime Juice: This adds just the right of tartness to the mocktail.
Mint: You cannot have a mojito mocktail without plenty of mint.
Maple Syrup: This all-natural sweetener adds just the right touch of sweetness to the drink.
Sparkling Water: Top everything off with bubbly sparkling water! For extra flavor you can use watermelon or lime sparkling water.
How to Make Maple Simple Syrup
To keep things healthier, this mocktail is sweetened with an unrefined maple simple syrup instead of a classic simple syrup that uses white refined sugar. To make the maple simple syrup, add equal parts simple syrup and water to a small sauce pan. Heat the mixture to a low simmer and let the syrup cook for around five minutes until it begins to thicken a bit.
Once the syrup has slightly thickened, remove it from the heat and allow the simple syrup to cool. When the syrup has come to a complete cool, transfer it to a clean, air-tight, storage container. For the best results, store the simple syrup in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Tools You’ll Need to Make This Recipe
How to Make an Easy Cucumber Watermelon Mojito
This mocktail is incredibly easy to make. All you need is a high powered blender, a fine mesh sieve, and a few minutes to whip things up.
Step One: Add the watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, and mint leaves to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Step Two: Pour the watermelon cucumber mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp.
Step Three: Next, add the maple simple syrup to sweeten. This recipe calls for 1/4 a cup of maple simple syrup but feel free to make this drink your own and add your desired amount of sweetner.
Step Four: Divide the watermelon cucumber mixture between glasses filled with ice.
Step Five: Top each glass off with lime sparkling water and garnish with fresh mint, a slice of cucumber, and watermelon!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Watermelon Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
- Make the maple simple syrup in advance and store in the fridge so you can easily make this mocktail whenever you like.
- This recipe calls for 1/4 a cup of the maple simple syrup however, experiment and made these drinks your own. If you want them a bit more sweet or a bit less sweet, just add more or less sweetener.
- Pre-cut seedless watermelon makes this drink even easier to make. Thank me later.
- Use an English, seedless cucumber for best results. This variety of cucumber, also called a “hothouse” cucumber, has a thinner less bitter skin and works perfectly in this drink.
- If you want a single serve drink, you can halve the recipe or save the remaining watermelon cucumber mixture in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Leave the sweetener out for a refreshing sugar-free drink!
More Delicious Recipes to Love
WATERMELON, FETA, CUCUMBER, AND MINT SALAD
AVOCADO CORN SALSA
HOMEMADE PICO DE GALLO
KEY LIME PIE BARS
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 12 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup maple simple syrup
- Lime sparkling water
- Add the watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, and mint leaves to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon cucumber mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp.
- Next, add the maple simple syrup and stir until well combined.
- Divide the watermelon cucumber mixture between glasses filled with ice.
- Top each glass off with lime sparkling water and garnish with fresh mint, a slice of cucumber, and watermelon!