Curry Chicken Salad recipe that’s made with Greek yogurt, dried fruit, nuts, and the perfect blend of seasoning and spices. This easy recipe is great for a quick lunch or snack and is exactly what you need to spice up your lunchtime routine!
Best Ever Curry Chicken Salad
There are few things that I love more than a good chicken salad. Whether it’s a classic chicken salad with tons of fresh herbs or a spicy buffalo chicken salad you really can’t go wrong.
Chicken salads are a great way to use leftover chicken breast and they are a perfect recipe to add to your weekly meal prep session. You can make a batch on Sunday and then have it on hand for an easy lunch or snack for a few days throughout the week.
This recipe for Curry Chicken Salad is spot on! If you’ve never used curry powder, this is a great first recipe to try. It’s packed with veggies, dried fruit, sliced nuts, and it’s the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy flavors. I know you’ll love it!
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need:
Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Chicken Breast: The base of this chicken salad is, of course, the chicken. When it comes to the chicken in this recipe, you have a couple of different options. My favorite way to prep chicken breast for chicken salad is to drizzle bone-in split chicken breasts with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and roast at 425 degrees until done. You could also use poached or leftover roasted chicken.
- Greek Yogurt: To combine all of the ingredients in the chicken salad, this recipe uses Greek yogurt. It’s cool, creamy, and has a bit of tang. The flavor works perfectly with the curry powder.
- Dried Cranberries: For a little sweetness and texture. If you don’t have dried cranberries feel free to sub golden raisins or dried cherries.
- Celery: Chicken salads need texture and crunchy celery does the trick in this recipe. Be sure to chop it well so you don’t have huge chunks of celery in your chicken salad.
- Green Onion: Adds extra delicious flavor.
- Cilantro: More, super delicious flavor.
- Curry Powder: The star of this chicken salad is the curry powder. The recipe starts with a teaspoon, which is usually plenty, but if you feel like you want a little more curry flavor feel free to add a bit more
- Lime Juice: Curry and lime juice go together like PB&J. Don’t skip this ingredient.
How to Make This Healthy Chicken Salad
Step One: Prep your chicken. This will look different for everyone depending on how you are making the chicken. But, once it’s cooked, chop up two cups worth of chicken breast and add it to a mixing bowl.
Step Two: Next, add the Greek yogurt, green onion, dried cranberries, celery, chopped cilantro, almonds, lime juice, spices, and seasonings to the bowl. Use a spoon to mix everything until well combined.
Step Three: That’s it! Serve the chicken salad immediately or store in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
What Goes With Curry Chicken Salad?
This curry chicken salad goes perfectly with a big salad filled with fresh veggies. You can also serve it as is with your favorite crackers or sliced veggies. You can also make a sandwich with your favorite bread, sliced tomatoes, and mixed greens.
More Delicious Chicken Salad Recipes to Love
Classic chicken Salad
Chipotle Chicken Salad
Basil Pesto Chicken Salad
Curry Chicken Salad
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 cups diced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Season with extra salt and pepper to suite your taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to three to four days.
Keywords: curry chicken salad, curry greek yogurt chicken salad, chicken salad
Leave a comment
This chicken salad was so good! I made it for work lunches for my husband and me. He has texted me every day at lunchtime to tell me how good it is. Thanks for the recipe!
I loved this dish!! This is probably the 7th or 8th recipe I’ve made from this site, and I’ve enjoyed every single one. For this recipe, I decided to make sandwiches with toasted sourdough bread. 👌🏾
I’m so glad you loved this recipe, Angela! Using the toasted sourdough bread sounds wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I made this a couple months ago to take for work lunches and loved it! Super versatile too, can eat it on bread, with veggies, or crackers. It was so good my boyfriend ended up stealing my last portion!
Haha, I love it! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe, Kelli!
I had some leftover roasted curry chicken, which was perfect for this recipe! This was super simple to make and so delicious. Can’t wait for leftovers tomorrow!
I’m so glad you loved it, Annie!
Quick and easy lunch that was full of flavor! Seriously so good! Spices were just right and loved the different textures from the cranberries, almonds and celery. Didn’t have Greek yogurt, so used half mayo/half sour cream to still get a little tang. Yum! This is a keeper!
Thanks, Megan! I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe!
I’ve made this curry chicken salad multiple times, definitely keeps in the fridge well, maybe even better than fresh!
So happy you loved it, Hannah!
This was SUCH a great way to use up some cooked chicken! And, I love that it’s unique and not just the same old chicken salad recipe. Really easy to make with common ingredients. Totally putting this in my rotation for using up chicken!
Such an easy recipe yet packs so much flavor! I ate one serving and my husband ate the rest before I had a chance to eat more!
Such a great and quick recipe! Love it for lunch or dinner – it’s delicious as it is or over a jacket potato:)
This was so good and so easy to make!! My husband kept going back for more until he cleaned out the serving bowl. This will definitely be a regular in our house. Thank you!!
Just made this! I love curry chicken so this salad is hitting the spot. We had it on roasted sweet potatoes but I can’t wait to try it in a wrap. Also didn’t have cranberries (oops!) but I had dried cherries and they worked well!
Super unique & yummy! Made a great sandwich!!
Yum! Can’t wait to try this! I’m loving all these recipes! Thank you
You’re welcome! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
Yay! I can’t wait for you to try it, too! So glad you’re loving these recipes, my friend!!