This easy Salmon Salad is filled with fresh veggies, lemon juice, and plenty of fresh herbs. It’s a great option when you need a quick and easy lunch that comes together in minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Quick and Easy Salmon Salad
- It comes together in just a few minutes – the most time consuming part is just chopping up a few veggies to add to the salad.
- It’s protein packed – if you’re trying to increase your protein intake this is a great recipe for you! Canned salmon is packed with protein as well as heart health fats.
- It’s easy to customize – you can truly make this salmon salad your own by adding extra veggies, herbs, or spices. Plus there are a variety of ways you can serve it!
Canned Salmon Salad Ingredients
Canned Pink Salmon: Be sure to pick canned salmon that has been packed in water and not oil.
Mayonnaise: Pick a mayonnaise made with a high quality oil like avocado or olive oil for this recipe.
Seasoning: You’ll need a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder for this recipe.
Celery: This gives the salmon salad a little crunch and that delicious celery flavor.
Bell Pepper: For even more crunch and a bit of sweetness, we’re adding some red bell pepper to the salad.
Red Onion: Be sure to finely dice the red onion to avoid having huge chunks in your salad.
Parsley and Dill: Fresh herbs help to really give the salad some delicious flavor and freshness.
Lemon Juice: You can’t have a seafood salad of any kind without a bit of fresh lemon juice!
Substitution Ideas for Mayonnaise
Don’t love mayonnaise? You can easily substitute plain Greek yogurt for mayonnaise in this recipe instead. Greek yogurt is a great substitute for mayonnaise in many recipes, like this Curry Chicken Salad, and will also pack an extra punch of protein in your salmon salad. I often use half mayo and half Greek yogurt if I want the best of both worlds.
Another great option to use in place of mayonnaise is mashed avocado! Once the avocado is mashed and creamy it works really well as a binder for your salmon salad. Plus, it gives you another great dose of healthy fats.
How to Make Healthy Salmon Salad
Step One: Add the drained canned salmon to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up the salmon into smaller chunks.
Step Two: Next, add the mayo, veggies, seasoning, herbs, and lemon juice to the salmon. Stir until well combined.
Step Three: Serve the salmon salad over mixed greens or in a sandwich. However you prefer!
How to Serve
Speaking of serving, there are several different ways you can serve this salmon salad.
Here are a few ideas:
- Pair it with crackers and fresh veggies
- Make a salmon salad sandwich on your favorite toasted bread
- Scoop it into lettuce wraps
- Place it on a bed of mixed greens and veggies.
How Long Does Salmon Salad Keep?
Salmon salad will keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two to three days.
More Healthy Protein Packed Salads to Love
- Healthy Tuna Salad
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Pesto Chicken Salad
I hope you give this Salmon Salad recipe a try! It’s protein-packed and absolutely delicious! If you do give this recipe a try, let me know!
Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews and ratings help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you trust and love.Print
Simple and Easy Salmon Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 (6oz) cans of pink salmon
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add the salmon to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up the salmon into smaller chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the salmon and stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve the salmon salad over mixed greens with your favorite veggies.
salmon salad, salmon salad recipe, canned salmon salad
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: THE MINDFUL HAPA